Filtatron sound output

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
alx002

Filtatron sound output

Post by alx002 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Is this normal that the sound output on the HP on the top of the iphone?

With this HP the sound is not very loud :(

Amos

Re: Filtatron sound output

Post by Amos » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:34 pm

I think this is the default output, for now, but I believe this can be changed. I'll get more info about how to do it.
We will update the app with some more direct options for iPhone speaker output, including a default to the louder ext. speaker option.

alx002

Post by alx002 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:55 am

Thanks for your answer !!!

This App is really really cool !!! Great JOB !!!

Aesthetic4

Post by Aesthetic4 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:24 pm

I hope I'm not completely stupid but I cannot for the life of me get any sound whatsoever from this app. I have a 64gb IPOD Touch 4th gen running the latest ios. I have tried plugging it in to headphones and an 8th inch cable to powered computer speakers to test it out. I've turned up the levels on the VCO and the sampler separately. When I go to the pads to mess with the VCO frequency, nothing will play. When I go to sampler and play one of the samples, no audio. The only thing I haven't tried is to plug my ipod into a PA and really cranking it. I can't imagine that should be necessary to get a simple mobile app to get any sound. Am I missing something or is this just a buggy app that has some issues that need to be corrected with an update?

It does look cool...and seems like it would be a cool function to use for some live tweaking.

If I'm out of luck I guess I can consider the $5.00 a donation to Moog to keep developing new products :)

Gordon Charlton

Post by Gordon Charlton » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Aesthetic4 wrote:I hope I'm not completely stupid but I cannot for the life of me get any sound whatsoever from this app. I have a 64gb IPOD Touch 4th gen running the latest ios. I have tried plugging it in to headphones and an 8th inch cable to powered computer speakers to test it out. I've turned up the levels on the VCO and the sampler separately. When I go to the pads to mess with the VCO frequency, nothing will play. When I go to sampler and play one of the samples, no audio. The only thing I haven't tried is to plug my ipod into a PA and really cranking it. I can't imagine that should be necessary to get a simple mobile app to get any sound. Am I missing something or is this just a buggy app that has some issues that need to be corrected with an update?

It does look cool...and seems like it would be a cool function to use for some live tweaking.

If I'm out of luck I guess I can consider the $5.00 a donation to Moog to keep developing new products :)
Er... have you got the volume turned down on your iPod?

(Nope, NOT suggesting you are "completely stupid" - it's the sort of mistake I would make and I like to think I'm not...)
Check out my theremin videos on my youtube channel.

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:10 pm

It would be nice to have the output a bit louder for the iphone speaker. With a 1/8th in. to 1/4 in. cable it sounds gret through my bass amp. I sampled our drummer live in rehersal last night and then replayed his drums flitered thru the app and it was pretty awesome!! But it would be fun to be able to play around with it a bit more just when hangin out on the couch or whatever....so far though I'm really liking this thing!

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:39 pm

I'll need to look further into the iPhone speaker output situation - we're planning an update in the next week or two and can try to make this more user-friendly/easy.

As for the iPod Touch, I did all my testing on a 2G Touch running OS 4.latest and had no problems at all with sound... try going to the presets page and loading up a preset or two, any sound there? Load a preset and turn 'pod volume up... anything? If not, we'll need to look into this further. No other reports like this from any of our testers, but they may have all been using older hardware.

Cheers,

Amos

Aesthetic4

Post by Aesthetic4 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Good news! Just downloaded the update and I now have sound! It proved two things:

1. I wasn't completely stupid :)
2. Moog is a great company that responds to issues in a timely fashion (even if it is for a product that sells for $5).

mezameyo

Post by mezameyo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:45 pm

I just installed Filtatron yesterday and have been having a ball with it. Unfortunately, I just lost all sound output and can't seem to get it back.

Fortunately, I can tell you the exact moment that I lost it, so hopefully this will help you guys find the bug or conflict, as the case may be. I had had a timer running on the default Apple "Clock" app. I was running Filtatron when the timer was up, the alarm sounded... and Filtatron's sound died.

Since then I've tried re-syncing the iPod touch (3G, latest OS), I've tried running other apps with audio (no problems), but nothing I do can get Filtatron to produce any sound anymore. Guess I either have to wait for the next update, or reset my iPod. :(

mezameyo

Post by mezameyo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Update -- I restored the iPod, and that fixed the sound issue. I will be careful not to use the timer or any other sound-producing app in the background while using Filtatron.

pbilly

Post by pbilly » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:15 am

Thanks for the tips :):)

Cliff

Post by Cliff » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 am

I'm using a 2G iPhone. Updated to the latest Moog version.
No output with anything other than headphones.
I get output with a line out cable from other apps but not this one.
Hmm.

Cliff

Post by Cliff » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 am

Found that sounds imported must have letters in the name - no solely numbered WAV files.
Could this be?

brightonbabylon

Post by brightonbabylon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:15 pm

bought the app two days ago, been working fine but today i also have no sound...

deephousegenes

Post by deephousegenes » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:12 pm

any updates for this ???

the sound on my iphone4 is pretty low and only comes out the ear speaker and not the main speaker...

then sometimes like after I get a call the sound will cut completely. reboot phone fixed this.