Any Candians get their Taurus yet?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
peterkadar

Any Candians get their Taurus yet?

Post by peterkadar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:58 am

Hi gang,

I was just wondering if anyone up here in Canada has gotten their Taurus 3's yet. Mine is supposed to ship in later today... I may have to roll up on the UPS hub up by Pearson Airport so I don't have to wait for the truck to come!!

Anyways, fellow Canucks, let's see who the first ones are to get their T3's!

Cheers,

Peter K.

a2dconverter

Post by a2dconverter » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 am

I'm picking up my T3's today from Long & McQuade...

looking forward to an un-productive workday!

seeya

Joe

a2dconverter

Post by a2dconverter » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:46 am

Got It! #0162

Going to shake the house now..seeya

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Same here. I was at UPS at 9:30 this morning. House shakage ensued. My god what have they created?

wolf2112

Re: Any Candians get their Taurus yet?

Post by wolf2112 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:44 pm

I got mine on April 1st at Mother's Music in Winnipeg... to the best of my knowledge, the only set here. #0130.
I LOVE MY TAURUS PEDALS SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :twisted: :D
"Without light, I could not live...
Light makes me weaker...
I am nothing, yet I am because of you."

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Congrats wolf2112!!

How's life out in Winnipeg??

It's gorgeous here in TO!

It's been sunny with the forecast calling for BASS!!!

wolf2112

Re: Any Canadians get their Taurus yet?

Post by wolf2112 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 am

Thanks, Peter...
I think it's a similar forecast here, only I'll say with pockets of Bass... I don't know anyone else in this city who plays bass pedals... come to think of it, there's hardly anyone in my city who plays Rush either. I hope the bars have their insurance paid up... :lol:

Weather here, with the exception of one or two days, has been above seasonal norms as well... double-digits for the past two weeks. (Also, I always listen to Q107, so I keep up a bit with what's going on on TO...)

I think the Canadian distributor, SF Marketing, must have been hoarding them until they got their (first?) allotment of 40, because I registered my serial number on the microsite and there were people who registered prior to me with much higher S/N's. Kinda pisses me off, but after waiting for so long, it was well worth it in the end!

With some playing and tweaking, I was able to get a close approximation to the Tom Sawyer "growl" sound off one of the presets - "Gordon"... something I tried to accomplish with my Roland Fantom since I bought in in 2003 and never could.

Moog, I applaud you on a job well done... many thanks and kudos to all involved with the project!
Last edited by wolf2112 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light makes me weaker...

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 am

wolf2112 wrote: With some playing and tweaking, I was able to get a close approximation to the Tom Sawyer "growl" sound off on of the presets - "Gordon"... something I tried to accomplish with my Roland Fantom since I bought in in 2003 and never could.
Thats the same patch (modded, of course) that I was using for Tom Sawyer until I started bringing my Prophet '08 to rehearsals! If you haven't had a chance to play one yet, listen to the Prophet's "Tom Sawyer" factory patch - sounds exactly like the song, with the the "growl" on the left split of the keys, and the lead on the right. The lead has aftertouch modulation, so you can get all those nuances while playing the growl with your left hand. Worth its price just for it's ability to duplicare most any Oberheim sound you've ever heard. Still want a lush & fat-sounding Moog poly (when & if...), and I will eventually replace the Andromeda I stupidly sold a while back as well.

Congrats on the Taurus! They were entirely worth the wait, were they not? :D

wolf2112

Post by wolf2112 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Hey, superd...
Totally worth it... and thanks!
Honestly, if I didn't already have a Roland Fantom, I'd probably get a Prophet... I'll be ordering my Little Phatty in the next couple of weeks, though. : )
I wanted an Andromeda since I first saw it, but again for the same reason.

Just curious, but what were your parameters on that patch? I thought your Limelight patch was pretty cool, so I'd like to compare if I could.
Thanks...
Last edited by wolf2112 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light makes me weaker...

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:06 pm

They were indeed worth the wait!

I ordered mine direct from Moog, and I had serial # 0218. I think I was the first Canadian to register on the microsite... I'm guessing what you said about SF marketing was true. If so, then they probably got in on the pre-order discount as I did. Did that pass that along to their customers?

Glad life is treating you well out in the 'Peg. I've played there a few times... The Burton Cummings Theatre is a nice, old place. Tons of vibe. The basement and attic are scary!!

wolf2112

Post by wolf2112 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Peter...
Nope... apparently I'm paying a full $2249Cdn. for them. I'm going to have a word with Mother's about that this week. :!:

Winnipeg is nice. I like it here, but I love TO! Given my choice of musical pursuits (progressive/symphonic rock and metal), I firmly believe TO would be a far better place to live as far as finding gigs and musicians to play with than here. I love TO, have family there, and enjoy visiting as often as I can. 8)

Who did you play the Burt with? I have not seen the attic (except for in a cheesy 1998 B-movie that was filmed there), but I was in the basement this past August while taking part in a Meet & Greet with Dream Theater... the greedy promoter was too cheap to move it to a nicer area. A crack-house would have been a step up! Shameful that anyone should have been subjected to that, because the theatre itself is really quite nice. (And the sad truth is that no one cleaned up after the film crew all these years later, which is partly why the attic and basement are like they are.)
Light makes me weaker...

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 am

Hey wolf2112,

I think I've played there a few times, but that one that comes most clearly to mind is a sony artist named Eva Avila. We were there on tour a few years back... 2007 I think.

wolf2112

Post by wolf2112 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Cool... if ever you're back this way, let me know. I always enjoy going to see live music.
Light makes me weaker...

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:22 am

Will do.

BTW, I saw a set of T3's at Long & McQuade in Burlington, and they were $2000 + .

I think it's a drag how they got in on the pre-order (the serial number was lower than mine) but still make the extra 5 bills off their customers. Of course, Moog needed pre orders to make it happen, and it is a pretty specialized device that may not sell bucketloads up here.

But man, am I ever glad I got one!

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 pm

If you are on the customer end...that sucks. Especially if you knew about the preorder deals. BUT from a business perspective its easy money. I coudl sell my Taurus 3 right now for full price and after all is said and done have a free MP201 or a couple of Foogers in the positive.

Thats capitalism for you...

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.