Here we go!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Amos

Post by Amos » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:55 pm

yeti wrote:I think even Geddy would tell you the little phatty doesn't sound as good as a minimoog. They gave him a free one for the road...
Nope, not true. Geddy & co. paid for their gear. They must like the LP OK because they just bought another Stage II fairly recently, to go with their two (I think) LP Stage synths.

Moog operates on too small of a margin to give away free gear to anybody, no matter how big they are. This also means that any artist who uses our stuff must like it well enough to pay for it... no "I'll endorse your stuff so I can get a freebie" type deals in our world. I like this because it seems more genuine to me. Authenticity is a big deal, to my way of thinking...

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 pm

That's good info. i always hated things like the recentish Status Quo endorsment of the Yamaha Pacifica Tele, yet on stage they still use their Fender Teles. Really genuine. :roll:
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

timmy

Post by timmy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:44 pm

yeti wrote:I think even Geddy would tell you the little phatty doesn't sound as good as a minimoog. They gave him a free one for the road...
Amos wrote:Nope, not true. Geddy & co. paid for their gear. They must like the LP OK because they just bought another Stage II fairly recently, to go with their two (I think) LP Stage synths.
just as in real life - the yeti (and what it speaks) is all myth.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:41 am

Cool to hear about them buying their Phattys. Phattae??

In any case, I figured that Moog was too small to give stuff away like that.

And even though this is a Taurus forum, I just want to mention how awesome my LPte is. I've never owned a Mini (yet), but I have owned some decent vintage moog stuff (Polymoog, Micromoogx2, Prodigy), and the LP definitely captures the spirit and vibe of those machines and sounds IMHO, better. Factor in midi, presets... and the kick ass distortion in the filter... You know where this is going.

Finally, I can't wait for my T3's... They're gonna be beautiful, and rock in every conceivable way that rockage can occur.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:34 am

peterkadar wrote:Finally, I can't wait for my T3's... They're gonna be beautiful, and rock in every conceivable way that rockage can occur.
I truly hope your house has no structural problems...depending on the amp and speaker(s) you use, you may want to hire a building inspector before you get your Taurus III. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 am

right now, just a set of Rokit 8's, no sub.

I also have a pair of 100w keyboard amps with 15" speakers in them, and a pair of Yorkville 350w powered monitors. So it won't be as epic as it could be. But I live near a few bass players, and a mutimillion dollar recording studio. So there will be structural damage, just not at my place ;)

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
peterkadar wrote:Finally, I can't wait for my T3's... They're gonna be beautiful, and rock in every conceivable way that rockage can occur.
I truly hope your house has no structural problems...depending on the amp and speaker(s) you use, you may want to hire a building inspector before you get your Taurus III. :lol:
Or at least have the house inspected after you've played your new T3s!

:lol: