Here we go!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
yeti

Post by yeti » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:07 am

I think even Geddy would tell you the little phatty doesn't sound as good as a minimoog. They gave him a free one for the road, and they sample everything else. From what I hear, Geddy didn't like the PK-5 either. He preferred the Korg pedals for their spongy action. Korg doesn't make those anymore, so they had a hard time finding them, so they tried the PK-5, then they found some more Korg pedals, and they went back to them. When I go on tour, I will have Superd2112 and Timmy tune my Taurus 3 pedals for me. I will do them a favor and pay them a decent salary for a change. I'll tune up their cars, so they can drive from their apartments to my private jet. I might even let them shine my shoes! Also, on the link where they compare the T1 to the T3, nobody is saying that the T3 sounds as good as the T1. What's up with that? Like everything else, I have to do it myself......Why would someone pay $2000, and then admit they screwed up?

timmy

Post by timmy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:58 am

sorry... i didn't catch what band you were in? private jet? you're a hoot, dude. just post some cool pics to riddle us with envy for goodness sakes. if you can post an honest photo of you inside your crop duster i will offer my services as your personal T1 tuner. however, you'll have to let us know of your tour dates occurring outside of your living room as i do not make house calls. until then just admit that you blew a large sum of money on two sets of used, overpriced, antiquated, outdated, accurately replicated T1s.

it's all good brother.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:34 am

I paid 1500 each for 2 mint Taurus 1's. Who said I overpaid? Can someone please A/B these pedals with a decent recording medium (not moog, their biased). I don't have mine yet. If they don't cut it, all you have is a $2000 Little Phatty, ooops. I would rather keep my T1's, and put the money into a Moog Modular.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:05 am

Whatever :roll:. For someone who is supposed to be such a professional you behave more like a troll.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

Brad

Post by Brad » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:34 am

Yeti is just a 15 year old boy. I can prove it. I just can't tell you how.
Voyager Performer, Taurus III, Etherwave Plus, MF 102, 104Z, 105, 107, CP 251, VX 351, Future Retro Revolution, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, Korg Triton Extreme, Hammond XK-1

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:12 am

Mr Arkadin wrote:Whatever :roll:. For someone who is supposed to be such a professional you behave more like a troll.
Ding! Ding! We have a winner!! Of course he is a troll - the guy posts under several names - Yeti, Kimber, Loosendokeys, etc. - sometimes going as far as to have conversations with himself between 2 of his own "personalities", and almost always his posts are of an antogonistic nature, placed with weasel-like precision in spots where he can "get a rise" from the forumites conversing there. I'll respond to you folks regarding him (er, them?), but I refuse to post direct responses to his posts anymore - I will no longer "feed the troll".

timmy

Post by timmy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 am

yeti wrote:I paid 1500 each for 2 mint Taurus 1's. Who said I overpaid? Can someone please A/B these pedals with a decent recording medium (not moog, their biased). I don't have mine yet. If they don't cut it, all you have is a $2000 Little Phatty, ooops. I would rather keep my T1's, and put the money into a Moog Modular.
good point. we don't know if you really own 2 sets or even 1 set. post a pic of those prized ponies. i somehow get the distinct impression you will wind up with a little phatty (in your mind) while the rest of us with have a roaring set of T3s. however, i would still love to hear your "unbiased" opinion once you've had a chance to A/B them yourself, that is, after your world tour of course.

:wink:
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:51 am

superd2112 wrote: the guy posts under several names - Yeti, Kimber, Loosendokeys, etc. - sometimes going as far as to have conversations with himself between 2 of his own "personalities"
Hang on, i hope you're not implying this guy doesn't have a life and his mum still brings him his tea. :D
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:
superd2112 wrote: the guy posts under several names - Yeti, Kimber, Loosendokeys, etc. - sometimes going as far as to have conversations with himself between 2 of his own "personalities"
Hang on, i hope you're not implying this guy doesn't have a life and his mum still brings him his tea. :D
It's getting rough around here : ). Accusations of guys living with their parents still and all of their gear crammed into the corner of their bedroom "when are you going to move out and get that racket out of here...!"

-Mike W. from NJ (with home studio in corner of living room, ha!)

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:

Exactly! As they say on your side of the pond, "Things went all pear-shaped once that chap arrived..."

Stick_Player

Post by Stick_Player » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm

yeti,

You are of course running your two non-MIDI T1s in stereo with two subs?

We all wanna make sure you are getting your full $3000 worth.

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:17 pm

....this is starting to sound like a TGP thread. I thought we were better than that.......
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Scott Rolf wrote:....this is starting to sound like a TGP thread. I thought we were better than that.......
How right you are, and my apologies. Wading through troll poop wears on me, but we should be better than that. What say we get back to talking Taurus?

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:38 pm

superd2112 wrote:
Scott Rolf wrote:....this is starting to sound like a TGP thread. I thought we were better than that.......
How right you are, and my apologies - we should be better than that. What say we get back to talking Taurus?
Now you're talkin'...We probably represent a fraction of one percent of musicians who even know what a moog Taurus is. That in itself puts us in a unique and elite group. We just need to remember that is all....
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

Klopfgeist

Post by Klopfgeist » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Scott Rolf wrote:Now you're talkin'...We probably represent a fraction of one percent of musicians who even know what a moog Taurus is.
Can teh moog torus synthersizer make Rush-type sounds, and if so is it worth more than teh microKorg? :D
So this thing only plays one note?

http://soundcloud.com/unarius
http://www.youtube.com/user/plague1715