EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:11 am

Dec 24th
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

timmy

Post by timmy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 am

so i saw someone had #30 - think it was Voltor07??? - so we know they are shipping at least 30 at a time. based on the dates, understanding that more users could have ordered on a given day than another day, maybe we can guesstimate ETA of our purchases??? maybe not?

does anyone know how many units they are shipping in a batch? or are they simply pulling them off the rack where they burn them in, boxing, and sending off to us?
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:23 am

The way people post, it is as if they send the email out in batches, indicating that they all could be going out the same day until the next batch.

My inbox= crickets chirp.

I don't want to call and annoy them with "Do you know when mine might ship?" but I surely check my email several times a day.

Im wondering if people got their emails early in the morning or later in the afternoon?

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:28 pm

timmy wrote:so i saw someone had #30 - think it was Voltor07??? - so we know they are shipping at least 30 at a time. based on the dates, understanding that more users could have ordered on a given day than another day, maybe we can guesstimate ETA of our purchases??? maybe not?

does anyone know how many units they are shipping in a batch? or are they simply pulling them off the rack where they burn them in, boxing, and sending off to us?
I was surprised that I got #0030....I was expecting a lower number. MC has 0021...so it would seem that 30 ship at a time... :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:23 pm

So my Taurus (0022) arrived yesterday - been so busy it took a while to get from the UPS truck to the hall where I am going to be rehearsing for the next week or so. So I thought I'd post a little photo essay:

I have a steep driveway, so when the UPS guy showed up, I backed my car down the driveway and he just dropped it right in the trunk of my 2006 Honda Civic:

Dragged it to the hall - here it is next to a small podium, maybe gives some idea of the size:

It's out of the box! This is all the packing material that came with it:

Oh, there's the t-shirt!

Set up to experiment! I was going to use my Phil Jones Bass Briefcase, but I'm thinking I will run my bass guitar through that, and the Taurus through my more powerful rig: a Glockenklang Soul Head, and Epiphani 2X10 cab.

The results were thunderous! I asked my secretary, who was in the office down the hall, how it sounded and she said, "It sounds nice - very earthy and deep!"

I tried to make some soundclips with my little Tascam DR-1, but had trouble remembering how to use the recorder! The only thing I came up with that was half decent didn't come out that great - low volume - the first track was WAY to loud, terrible digital distortion - so I'll try and record something direct with ProTools tomorrow.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:41 pm

That lip on the rack case...the platform the casters are attatched to, does that make it tricky to get the lid off with the pedals in it?

Seems like it won't sit on the floor squarely allowing for the removal of the top portion. Is this right?

Eric

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 pm

EricK wrote:That lip on the rack case...the platform the casters are attatched to, does that make it tricky to get the lid off with the pedals in it?

Seems like it won't sit on the floor squarely allowing for the removal of the top portion. Is this right?
Yeah, I have only taken it out once, then shut up the rack without the pedals inside. That wasn't too bad. I'll try and again and report back! I think you basically have the pedals flat on the ground in the lid, then put the rack on top. It basically just sits down, there's nothing that needs to be slid in to anything else. (If that makes sense!)

OK, I'm back - the "lip" part isn't bad at all. You can put the case down flat with the Taurus on the bottom, then undo the latches, then I used the handle on "top" to lift the case off in the direction of the casters.

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:56 am

Voltor07 wrote:...so it would seem that 30 ship at a time... :?
The 50s are being registered now...

timmy

Post by timmy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:25 pm

saw that - 0054 is up last time i checked.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

GregAE

T3 Pix

Post by GregAE » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Taurus Prototype 004 in my project studio with its six year old sibling, a Voyager Performer (S/N 1466), and some other miscellaneous gear:

- Greg

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:26 pm

I like how almost all of that wood matches.

Is that an SE Mini there?

Eric

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Hey Greg,

How do you like the Creamware box?

I'm doing an MJ tribute, and the MD had one for synth bass.

I was really impressed with it.

What do you think of it?

PK

EMwhite

Re: T3 Pix

Post by EMwhite » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm

GregAE wrote:Taurus Prototype 004 in my project studio with its six year old sibling, a Voyager Performer (S/N 1466), and some other miscellaneous gear:

- Greg
Hey Greg. What's the contraption above your Voyager? And when does your subscription to Make expire? : )

-Mike W. from NJ

Mr Arkadin

Re: T3 Pix

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:53 pm

MikeWfromNJ wrote: Hey Greg. What's the contraption above your Voyager?
That's the Sonic|Core (formely Creamware) Minimax.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:05 am

peterkadar wrote:Hey Greg,

How do you like the Creamware box?

I'm doing an MJ tribute, and the MD had one for synth bass.

I was really impressed with it.

What do you think of it?

PK
The Creamware Minimax is an impressive piece of gear, indeed! A few years ago, buddy BrianG and I did a head-to-head comparison of the Minimax, a Model D and a Voyager Performer, and we were both very impressed with how the virtual analog Minimax faired against the real deal. You can read about our experiences and hear some audio clips of the tests we conducted by checking out the "Vintage, Voyager or Virtual" folder on KnobTweak:

KT > Files > Voyager > Vintage, Voyager or Virtual

- Greg