Sounds like you might be shirt outta luck! :P

Less than 3 days to go now...

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:54 pm

superd2112 wrote:
HB3 wrote:Got the letter -- no shirt.
Sounds like you might be shirt outta luck! :P

Less than 3 days to go now...
Shirt, letter from Mike Adam, gold seal of authenticity (shock, pegs, lucky!)... do all Taurus buyers get those goodies or just the early early pre-order that bought directly from Moog?

-Mike W. from NJ

HB3

Post by HB3 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Sparks

Post by Sparks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 am

Out for delivery again this morning. They "cried wolf" three times already since last Wednesday. I didn't hear any low end rumbling when I went to the sort facility Friday night so I don't think they opened it! From what I've seen from other's photos, the outer box is clearly labeled as Moog Taurus Pedals. I'm surprised there are many thefts in transit with Moog prominently on the box.

Maybe tonight.....

Mark
in T3 heaven......

Sparks

Post by Sparks » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:59 am

What did I do to deserve this Moogatory?!!!!!

Not on truck. Can't find it at the facility yet. We wait...... :evil:
in T3 heaven......

MC

Post by MC » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:11 pm

The Eagle Has Landed

...or should that be "Bull"?

#021 has arrived with flightcase, COA, TShirt.

Apparently last Friday the truck driver went to the back door. Instead ringing the doorbell, he knocked. I would have never heard it. Need a sign on the door.

93lb package with the flightcase. The case is very well built, up to par with Anvil. Definitely worth the bucks.

Fired up T3 and T1, normalized levels at the board, fired up the PA system with four subs each loaded with 18s. Moog had some good systems for sound testing but these things really put out air. T1s go OOMPH. T3s go OOMPH. China rattles, new cracks in foundation, no reports of missing persons from that avalanche. T3s pass the Taurus test.

Quick run through the presets. Nice sounds in here!

Me. Like. A. Lot.

That's the nutshell for now, have to get back to work.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MC

Post by MC » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Airlock wrote:Note that the invoice that came with the T3 says order date of 12/4/08
My invoice had the same date. I bet the Moog folks coming back from Thanksgiving were surprised to find the mailbox swelling!
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

tubeampguy

Post by tubeampguy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:34 pm

EricK wrote:This is why I tried to go to the factory and pick mine up in person, but the shipping delays nixed that plan. I figured Id bypass UPS because I can't afford the nice case, AND I know that case or NO UPS has to use packages to play kickball with and as steplader and play jumping boxes with them.
Erick

Erick, Here is a little forethought on UPS. If your upset about your packages being abused before delivery, This is what they do to aircraft that UPS owns.

I worked on this repair. We remove the damaged structure all the way back to the intact structure before repairing. Note the whole lower portion forward is removed. This is a MD-11 that made a hard landing, forward landing gear first (the wrong way!) The landing gear was jammed through the fuselage just aft of the cockpit. This flight was fully loaded incoming to Louisville when this happened."Tower we have a WTF!" enjoy!

Scott Rolf

Post by Scott Rolf » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 pm

"I worked on this repair. We remove the damaged structure all the way back to the intact structure before repairing. Note the whole lower portion forward is removed. This is a MD-11 that made a hard landing, forward landing gear first (the wrong way!) The landing gear was jammed through the fuselage just aft of the cockpit. This flight was fully loaded incoming to Louisville when this happened."Tower we have a WTF!" enjoy!"

I take it you went to Lousiville to work on this? I noticed that you are in Long Beach, CA so you probably work at what is now called Boeing? I worked at Douglas Aircraft Co. Long Beach (bldg 52 on Wardlow) from 1979 to 1982 before transfering to Huntington Beach. Tell me more about your work. Are you at the old DAC plant?
Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 pm

That doesn't help my plight one bit!

I imagine just a little solder here and there and she's good to go, right?

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:03 pm

EricK wrote:
I imagine just a little solder here and there and she's good to go, right?

Eric
Come on guys! Aircraft repair these days is all about ball bearings & WD-40. And clean that windshield while you're at it, theres muck all over it....

Sparks

T3 Found wandering in snow. Story at 5.

Post by Sparks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 am

They found my T3. The box is a shredded mess. Glad I got the road case, which doesn't appear to be damaged, at least where it is exposed. Can't open it until I get home around 5 because I need to take pictures of the box just in case.

The box doesn't say Moog anywhere on it. Hmmm....

Story at 5. Moogatory is officially over for me (Until the next severe attack of Gas. Can you say MoogerFooger???)

Mark (happy now) :P

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Moog purgatory isn't over until you actually open your box.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:49 pm

tick tock...

Yeah my box didn't say moog anywhere either. I believe only the standard shipping boxes for the pedals are labeled as such. One might feel left out, but myself I prefer that they are not labeled. Three years ago Dell and Hewlett Packard finally stopped printing teir logo on laptop boxes to deter theft.

Sparks

Post by Sparks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:58 pm

MC wrote:tick tock...

Yeah my box didn't say moog anywhere either. I believe only the standard shipping boxes for the pedals are labeled as such. One might feel left out, but myself I prefer that they are not labeled. Three years ago Dell and Hewlett Packard finally stopped printing teir logo on laptop boxes to deter theft.
Just saw your photos, MC, and my damaged box looks exactly like yours. The wheels seem OK. Thanks for posting them. I won't be sitting here at work worrying about the condition of the pedals.

I hope the guys in Moog shipping dept see these. There must be a better way to "build up" the support for the box around the wheels.
in T3 heaven......