KnobTweak - Taurus Support online!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
GregAE

KnobTweak - Taurus Support online!

Post by GregAE » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 am

Greetings KnobTweakers!

Now that the Taurus 3 is shipping, it's time to officially kick off the Taurus support section of KT. To get things started, I've posted a couple of patches that I developed while writing the manual (these are patch parameter lists - the .syx files will follow shortly).

I've also posted a blank patch template that you can use to document your own creations.

Come and get it, early adopters!

- Greg

Modularfan

Re: KnobTweak - Taurus Support online!

Post by Modularfan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am

GregAE wrote:Greetings KnobTweakers!

Now that the Taurus 3 is shipping, it's time to officially kick off the Taurus support section of KT. To get things started, I've posted a couple of patches that I developed while writing the manual (these are patch parameter lists - the .syx files will follow shortly).

I've also posted a blank patch template that you can use to document your own creations.

Come and get it, early adopters!

- Greg
Excellent!

-MF

BTW - You did a great job with the T3 manual - love the Easter Eggs!

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:11 am

Already downloaded even though mine won't arrive for a while yet.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

Airlock

Post by Airlock » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Moog Music Forum
Share Ideas and Pass the word...

Hmm. Maybe I'm missing something, because I fail to see the need for a Yahoo group when we have this site right here. Someone please enlighten me, as Yahoo Groups sucks eggs. The kind of archaic threading that would have had Magpie BBS users mutiny, combined with unbelievably bad layout, Yahoo Groups makes the first couple of years of Wired magazine look bleeping brilliant. Good show.:roll:

(Whew.)

Again:

Moog Music Forum

What am I missing here?

HB3

Post by HB3 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Anyone know where I can get a good table? :wink:

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Airlock wrote:Moog Music Forum

What am I missing here?
The ability to upload and download files/docs/pictures? Despite the inherent layout woes, Greg makes the best of the yahoo group system.

Forum for Sharing Ideas
KnobTweak for Sharing Files

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Its just another service that is for people like us to benefit from things that the forum doesn't offer.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:23 am

Maybe if the Taurus mini-site has somewhere to upload then it won't be needed (i know i don't like yahoo), but for sharing patches it is a good idea.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

Brad

Post by Brad » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:16 pm

The KnobTweak site has a lot of excellent info. Don't let disdain of Yahoo or of the format stop you from taking advantage of it.
Voyager Performer, Taurus III, Etherwave Plus, MF 102, 104Z, 105, 107, CP 251, VX 351, Future Retro Revolution, DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard, Korg Triton Extreme, Hammond XK-1

MC

Post by MC » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:14 pm

I can't be there because Yahoo! is demanding my phone # for security on my account.

Despite the promise that the phone will not be used for marketing, Yahoo! betrayed me already when they promised not to spam my email account.

My phone # is unpublished and I am very selective who I give it to.

Sorry guys.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Airlock wrote:Moog Music Forum

Hmm. Maybe I'm missing something, because I fail to see the need for a Yahoo group when we have this site right here. Someone please enlighten me, as Yahoo Groups sucks eggs. The kind of archaic threading that would have had Magpie BBS users mutiny, combined with unbelievably bad layout, Yahoo Groups makes the first couple of years of Wired magazine look bleeping brilliant. Good show.:roll:

What am I missing here?
Jeez, sometimes there's just no pleasing some people! Guess you didn' t enjoy the Taurus patches I posted... :wink:

KnobTweak has been around for a year now. The idea was to provide a common place for ALL Moog owners/users to share patches, settings, routings & general information BEYOND what this forum can provide. Think of it as a central repository of information on all things Moog - not just Taurus 3.

Why use Yahoo Groups for this?
1. It's free
2. It comes with a template to construct a basic, customizable site for people with common interests, offering organized file storage, links and a database.
3. Stored images (JPGs) can be viewed directly onscreen - you don't have to download an image file to view it (okay - not a big deal - but very handy!)
4. Someone else worries about backups & maintenance.

While I agree that Yahoo Groups is far from ideal, it's also much better than having no online resource. Besides, unlike many other Yahoo Group sites that have become cobweb sites overrun with spammers, KT is actively monitored and constantly updated with new info (this week I uploaded a new consolidated Preset Chart that includes the presets in the new Voyager 3.5 OpSys Patch bank, and EricK added the Voyager Keyscan Board Replacement Procedure - a couple of Voyager-centric examples, but you get the idea).

Moog shared with me their plans for the T3 Microsite a few weeks ago. If all goes according to plan, T3 support on KT shouldn't be necessary, and I'll be one of the 1000 Taurus owners involved in the Microsite forums. As for KT, it will remain and continue to expand with new Voyager, LP, Moogerfooger and Theremin offerings, and I will be there to to participate, contribute and oversee things.

- Greg

BTW - KT membership is now over 500!

Airlock

Post by Airlock » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:21 pm

My bad Greg, of course your effort is appreciated.

But again, this is MoogMusic.com's site and there will be- as you said- the Taurus microsite, so my thought is why form another user group? For Kawai K5000S or other discontinued instruments users, yeah, that action makes sense, but Moog is alive and well and we're talking about current production models.

Sorry about the way I originally responded to this, I should have silently declined to participate there.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:33 pm

MC,
you can always use this number (501) 534-2202, its the weather number here. I often use it when I need to provide a number when I don't want to.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:00 pm

EricK wrote:MC,
you can always use this number (501) 534-2202, its the weather number here. I often use it when I need to provide a number when I don't want to.
Tried it.

"We are unable to send a text message to this mobile number. It might be our error, or an issue with your carrier. Please try another number"

Thanks anyway...
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi