Taurus and Moogerfooger pedals

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
SorryEntertainer

Taurus and Moogerfooger pedals

Post by SorryEntertainer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 am

Hi,

I'm new to Analogue Synths but I decided to start my journey with the Taurus 3, which I already ordered through the local dealer. I'm a bass player, that probably explains why I chose T3 as a starting point.

I was wondering what Moogerfoogers would work best with Taurus 3 in terms of expanding the creative opportunities? What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Alex

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Alex - I'm a bassist too - welcome to the forums! The Taurus really doesn't need any effects - it sounds great on it's own, but I think the ring modulator, analog delay or midi-murf would all be great effects to try, and I think an MP-201 would be a great addtion - it would give you full control of all 4 CV inputs, as well as MIDI control. If I buy only one pedal for my Taurus, it will be the MP-201. F.Y.I., Moog offered an optional road case to those of us who pre-ordered straight from them, and you may still be able to order one if you want.

SorryEntertainer

Post by SorryEntertainer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Thanks, superd2112. Yes, I was also thinking about the Murf, I guess I might try that one first.

Not sure about the road case, since I did not order from Moog directly, but from an authorised dealer. I guess I should check with them and see if they can still order one for me, provided that it is possible.

Update: Yay! My local Moog dealer has just confirmed that they ordered the road case for me as well. The bad news is that I will have to wait until April before they ship it, again according to my dealer. This is probably because I only oredered the Taurus 3 in December in the first place and that put me in the end of the line. Oh well... :roll:

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:21 pm

I think a Phaser would be a nice addition to the Taurus.

Or perhaps an MP201 to introduce via MIDI, special modulations to combine with the Arpeggiator.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

SorryEntertainer

Post by SorryEntertainer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Interesting, thanks for the input, Eric. It will be interesting to see what people will be coming up with when they get their T3s. It seems like I'm at the end of the line, so there will be plenty of time to decide what it needs, I guess.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:35 pm

I personally can't wait to run the Taurus through a Low Pass Filter. :twisted:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.