Taurus hits Products pages

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
a2dconverter

Post by a2dconverter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 am

I think that Andy (the author) was trying to decipher which synth made the original growl sound on the Moving Pictures album...It was most likely an OB-X....

Andy also plays (played) in a Rush tribute band and he didn't have any success in purchasing an Oberheim... he was able to replicate the sound on an SH-32... if you listen to his MP3, it sounds pretty good... it sounds much better live (I have an SH-32 as well). I know that there will be no comparison to the T3!

Hopefully Moog has preset a filter sweep sound, if not, we should be able to program one pretty easily.

seeya

Joe

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 am

You know, after re-reading the specs, it sounds like there are only 4 actual factory presets, and the rest will be user-programmable. I think it would be cool if Moog included about a dozen more factory presets, from classic tried & true, to modern & wild - it would give the noobies & non-programmers something to start out with, and I love programing using factory presets as starting point. I'm looking forward to sharing user-created patches with fellow owners here on the forum.

tore

Post by tore » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Yes!!!
I ordered late + I live in Norway so I think it will be a while before it hits this shores..
But if you wait for somthing good...
Moog Taurus 3
MF-101, MF-102, MF-103(BigBriar), MF-104SD, MF-105M, MF-107, 2x MF CP-251(one with red rings). Minifooger Drive, Minifooger Boost.
Gibson RD artist Bass ( Moog circut and pickups)
(x-owner LP TE #1110)(X-owner MF-105B)