Im already thinking about what im gonna do with the Taurus.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EricK

Im already thinking about what im gonna do with the Taurus.

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:51 am

Man I was driving home thinking about playing basslines with my feet, trying to figure out if I can get a really close electric bass sound while I play some funk chords on a guitar.

I wish that the pedals had a programmable transpose feature so if we had say One octave style, and we were playing 12 bar blues style bassline, we hit the transpose button and transpose it up to the chord change, then back again and then back to the root so we would never have to change keys on the actual pedals lol.

I know thats cheating, but that takes some real hardcore motor coordination!

Im dying to see how the Duophony works with the Voyager.

Im also trying to think about how I can trigger the bass pedals with my drums, and im realizing that Im in dire need for a couple of sequencers.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:01 am

I've been fantasizing about it for years! :lol:

When I finally got the PK-5 pedals, I realized I needed new shoes - I have wide feet, so I found some weird shoes with really pointy toe - I think the store was Aldo? But I haven't had a chance to use the pedals since then!

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:03 pm

I have large feet & Roland PK-5s as well, and the only shoes that work o.k. for me are the Converse Chuck Taylors. I never had issues when playing my old T-1s or T-2s, but unfortunately the new T-3s will have the same pedal spacing as our PK-5s. The pedal boards will be manufactured by Fatar, the same company that builds the PK-5s & PK-7s for Roland. I'm sure the new Taurus will sound great and have lots of features the old ones never had, but I am kind of bummed that the pedal spacing will continue to be an issue for me.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:16 pm

I've been incorporating MIDI bass pedals in my live arsenal and they are a very handy tool.

Where I live, there is little in a music culture and the bars that have bands don't pay a lot and the venues are tiny. That means small format bands are the only way to make playing out worthwhile.

I am primarily a keyboard player but am also sufficient on bass and guitar, as well as run FOH sound. I can cover many bases as not every song requires a keyboard part or a 2nd guitar. Most songs can be covered on LH bass which leaves RH free for keyboard parts.

I try to recruit musicians who can multitask (play AND have a decent singing voice) and if they can play other instruments that's even better. With musicians who can cover other instruments, it keeps the format small.

The new Taurus will be a very practical addition in that they'll have the Taurus bass voice, which is a very solid sounding voice. Add MIDI and they will be very practical for triggering other sounds the Taurus won't do - strings, choirs, pads, etc. So while I have both hands busy playing a guitar, I can trigger keyboard parts with the Taurus.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:02 pm

My Taurus will accompany my Moog/Farfisa set up. I'll use it mostly for bass pedals, though I'm sure once I get them, I'll find other ways to incorporate them. Maybe use them to control the 22-space dot com I'm planning to purchase. The possibilities are mind boggling when compared to the original Taurus. :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:24 pm

We have an old Yamaha Organ that has 2 keyboards and bass pedals. I surely have tried but I don't have foot chops as of yet.

Im hoping that the pedals will have low or high note priority.

Im hoping that with the Voyager and the Micro, I can do some triple layered sounds without sounding too synthy like 80's synths. It seems that when I start trying to do dual layered stuff Im transported back to 197X.

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:02 am

EricK wrote:We have an old Yamaha Organ that has 2 keyboards and bass pedals. I surely have tried but I don't have foot chops as of yet.

Im hoping that the pedals will have low or high note priority.

Im hoping that with the Voyager and the Micro, I can do some triple layered sounds without sounding too synthy like 80's synths. It seems that when I start trying to do dual layered stuff Im transported back to 197X.

Eric
I'm hoping to be transported to an alternate reality where modern technology meets 70's sounds without the fake wood and shag carpeting. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:51 am

[quote="EricK"]We have an old Yamaha Organ that has 2 keyboards and bass pedals. I surely have tried but I don't have foot chops as of yet.

It takes practice :) . :):) On organs it's referred to as "Manuals" not "Keyboards" :).

Some of the older Yamaha organs were nice.

Have fun with your new pedals when they come in.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:22 am

lol If it has black and white keys is it not a keyboard?

Just for that ill call them automatics!

I think its a 70's B4cr.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:48 am

This could be a Chuck Norris situation waiting to happen :twisted:
I'm planning on using the Taurus with the Moog guitar.I'd like to start a blues based band,with myself on guitar,bass and taurus,a hammond player that can cover the bass,drums,and a lead singer that can play a instrument,sax would be nice.Once my keyboard chops are where I want em,I'll play the voyager.Hell even if they're not I'm still planning on having the voyager onstage anyways :lol:
You can never have too many musical instruments.

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:16 am

[quote="EricK"]lol If it has black and white keys is it not a keyboard?

:) Yes it's a keyboard but in the organ world it's called a manual :)

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Brian G wrote:
EricK wrote:lol If it has black and white keys is it not a keyboard?

:) Yes it's a keyboard but in the organ world it's called a manual :)
Sounds much more sophisticated. :lol:
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Well in Eric's world they are now called Automatics.

If you get to tickeling the manuals of your organ, then Id say you have a problem.....at least if you get to telling people about the endeavor in those exact words.

Eric

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:08 pm

manual
organ

:mrgreen:
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:35 pm

That would be an automatic single manual organ, Maskin. :lol: