Taurus pedal feature suggestions.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EricK

Taurus pedal feature suggestions.

Post by EricK » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:03 pm

There are so many different polls and threads suggesting features for the new pedals.

I thought that I would start this one to voice my thoughts on the subject.

FIrst I would like to see the Unit as close to the original as possible (Octaves, Housing etc). If you have changes to the design, please let it match the Foogers.

Second I like the idea of Midi and CV input jacks. Any CV output jacks would be wonderful as well. Or an inexpensive expansion box.

Third I wonder if you all have considered an Osc Out/Filt in TRS jack like that on the Voyager?

I will be placing my order very soon regardless of what you add.

THese are just my personal opinions that I thought that I would send out.

Respectfully,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Mr Arkadin

Re: Taurus pedal feature suggestions.

Post by Mr Arkadin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:29 pm

EricK wrote:
FIrst I would like to see the Unit as close to the original as possible (Octaves, Housing etc).
From the prelim spec:
"Taurus I" style (one and half octaves on the floor)
(although i notice that the front page has now lost this reference)
EricK wrote: Second I like the idea of Midi and CV input jacks. Any CV output jacks would be wonderful as well. Or an inexpensive expansion box.
From the prelim spec:
CV Inputs: VOLUME, FILTER, PITCH, GATE
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

pepper

Post by pepper » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:41 am

I have owned several sets of Taurus Pedals over the years, and have used them on the road in live situations, so I offer this from the perspective of a modification that worked for me in live situations as opposed to studio work. The one modification I made to my most recent set was to have the entire housing mounted on to a 3/4” thick wooden platform to eliminate playability issues that arise when the pedal unit is placed on an uneven or carpeted surface. On some carpeted surfaces, the outer “legs” sink down into the carpet, resulting in the pedals themselves having less than the required amount of room to allow for full depression / triggering of the note. By mounting the unit onto its own flat platform, the unevenness of the surface beneath the pedals was no longer an issue. If Moog could produce this version with a platform beneath the pedals, regardless of thickness, it might be a welcomed addition for people who find themselves needing to place the unit on less than perfect surfaces.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:51 pm

pepper wrote:I have owned several sets of Taurus Pedals over the years, and have used them on the road in live situations, so I offer this from the perspective of a modification that worked for me in live situations as opposed to studio work. The one modification I made to my most recent set was to have the entire housing mounted on to a 3/4” thick wooden platform to eliminate playability issues that arise when the pedal unit is placed on an uneven or carpeted surface. On some carpeted surfaces, the outer “legs” sink down into the carpet, resulting in the pedals themselves having less than the required amount of room to allow for full depression / triggering of the note. By mounting the unit onto its own flat platform, the unevenness of the surface beneath the pedals was no longer an issue. If Moog could produce this version with a platform beneath the pedals, regardless of thickness, it might be a welcomed addition for people who find themselves needing to place the unit on less than perfect surfaces.
My Roland PK-5s skirt this issue by having a flat bar that runs the full width beneath the pedal tips - an effective and very light weight solution.

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:10 pm

I would like the sound to be as close as possible to the original, but it is really important for me to have more than one octave because I won't always be using the pedals strictly for bass... there will be times where I would want to use them with my Hammond XK rig for bass pedals, and would greatly appreciate the extra range.

I would love some space on the top right hand side of the unit to velcro an expression pedal as well. Having even an octave and a half would prevent me from having to buy a 2nd, dedicated set of bass pedals just for organ stuff...

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:25 pm

One thing I want on the new Taurus that I have not seen mentioned is glide (portamento). The Taurus 1s and 2s both had this feature, so I assume we will have it on the 3s, but there has been no mention of this in the preliminary specs.

HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Please keep it at one octave!

willi

Post by willi » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:32 am

peterkadar wrote:I would love some space on the top right hand side of the unit to velcro an expression pedal as well.
This would be very useful. It could be designed to accomodate the MP201 Multipedal or a standard expression pedal.

I also like the gooseneck lamp socket idea.

More knobs and controls!

External Audio Input.

1.5 OCTAVES PLEASE.
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104z, & MF-105
http://www.earth2willi.com