Made me laugh

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Mr Arkadin

Made me laugh

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:19 pm

i was searching some of the internet announcements to see how well the news was spreading and saw this comment (on a guitar site, so that may factor into it):
with as many products on the market and options including software like Reason that can essentially do everything this can do and waaaaay more for way cheaper....I don't see how anyone in their right mind would buy this overpriced one trick pony.
Yeah, that cracked version of Reason is going to sound exactly like a Taurus pedal :roll: :lol:

mayidunk

Post by mayidunk » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Horses for courses... :wink:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Sure...because Reason can be plugged into an 18 inch subwoofer, right? :lol:

EDIT- I found that site and put my two cents in! :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:19 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Sure...because Reason can be plugged into an 18 inch subwoofer, right? :lol:

I would like to read that, haha! :D
Unfortunately I can't seem to find the specific website..
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Maskin wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:Sure...because Reason can be plugged into an 18 inch subwoofer, right? :lol:

I would like to read that, haha! :D
Unfortunately I can't seem to find the specific website..
I didn't say much..."If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Moog is the Ferrari of synthesizers." Or something to that effect.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 pm

I was actually expecting you to throw in a Chuk Norris fact. :P
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Maskin wrote:I was actually expecting you to throw in a Chuk Norris fact. :P
No...that's reserved for here...though I'm running out of Chuck Norris facts. :(

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:45 pm

Go offline and come up with some more! :lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Maskin wrote:Go offline and come up with some more! :lol:
Who do I look like...Chuck Norris? I'm lost without the internets. :lol:

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:06 pm

Haha, so am I! I'm glad this is an active community with interesting topics so I don't have watch stupid videos to keep myself from utter boredom.
[size=0]Man I'm want to build up my studio again and patch my way through the night..[/size]

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Voltor07 wrote: I didn't say much..."If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Moog is the Ferrari of synthesizers." Or something to that effect.
Good move Voltor we are sure to get those pedals now lol.

:)

Just messing,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:44 am

For anyone interested this was the link:

premier guitar

Also like the comment from charles about halfway down about 'keeping music' live' (hey it's 1980 all over again) - the post is so bad i'm not sure but it seems he's implying that a Taurus is putting a bass player out of a job(?!) He should check with Sting, Chris Squire and Mike Rutherford about that.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 am

EricK wrote:
Voltor07 wrote: I didn't say much..."If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Moog is the Ferrari of synthesizers." Or something to that effect.
Good move Voltor we are sure to get those pedals now lol.

:)

Just messing,
Eric
Check out my YouTube ad if you haven't already. It's got over 100 views and it's only been up for three days! :shock: The YouTube community rated it 3 stars. Besides, the people whining aren't in the same league as us...they don't understand, and do not deserve to be Moogers. :wink:

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Everyone deserves to be Moogers!

But for some people, price is an issue. Some people just don't want to pay anything when they can get it for free.

And Reason will come close with some earth shattering bass, but to me nothing beats hardware.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:07 pm

EricK wrote:And Reason will come close with some earth shattering bass, but to me nothing beats hardware.

Eric
I think the soundguys from the venues I've played at would agree. The bass from the Little Phatty seems to amaze them every time, haha!
Even the kick from my DrumTraks blows laptops off the stage and that's just a ROM chip. :lol: