77%
No, rubberized
9%
I really don't give a shiz-nigh-hit
14%

Total votes: 35

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:39 pm

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2008/ ... ass-pedal/ It looks like we won't be getting wood sides after all. :cry:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Well i think all specs are in the preliminary stages so i wouldn't get depressed yet. Doesn't specifically say 'no wooden end cheeks' does it? Anyway, they already say it's going to be 1.5 octaves, which is a change to the original spec already.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:Well i think all specs are in the preliminary stages so i wouldn't get depressed yet. Doesn't specifically say 'no wooden end cheeks' does it? Anyway, they already say it's going to be 1.5 octaves, which is a change to the original spec already.
But the prototype has plastic-looking sides and seems to have 1 octave. Hopefully you are correct on both counts. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Where did you read that was prototype? It's an original pair.

Here's the orginal Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Tir9ewgks

Click on the Stats and you find:

Added: June 07, 2007

HB3

Post by HB3 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:19 pm

There's a set of Taurus II on ebay, and looking at them kind've reinforced my gut feeling that I'd prefer the one-octave, woodless Taurus I style.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:32 pm

HB3 wrote:There's a set of Taurus II on ebay, and looking at them kind've reinforced my gut feeling that I'd prefer the one-octave, woodless Taurus I style.
Well it had a fake veneer sides. i think all we're saying is to have that fake bit real - not to have huge end cheeks like the TII.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:Where did you read that was prototype? It's an original pair.

Here's the orginal Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Tir9ewgks

Click on the Stats and you find:

Added: June 07, 2007
Cool! I feel better now. Thanks! :mrgreen:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:
HB3 wrote:There's a set of Taurus II on ebay, and looking at them kind've reinforced my gut feeling that I'd prefer the one-octave, woodless Taurus I style.
Well it had a fake veneer sides. i think all we're saying is to have that fake bit real - not to have huge end cheeks like the TII.
Actually, I was thinking LP Tribute Edition style. :wink:

HB3

Post by HB3 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh! Ok, I didn't know those were custom wood ends. No doubt it's possible to design a cool modern version; however, I think a lot of people really like the look of the T1s. It's just an immediate reaction. I'm sure they'll experiment with a few ideas -- that'd be interesting to see.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:27 pm

HB3 wrote:Oh! Ok, I didn't know those were custom wood ends. No doubt it's possible to design a cool modern version; however, I think a lot of people really like the look of the T1s. It's just an immediate reaction. I'm sure they'll experiment with a few ideas -- that'd be interesting to see.
Yes...custom wood ends like on the LPTE. NOT fake wood, NOT vinyl with woodgrain, REAL 100% 1.75cm thick ash side panels. Just to be clear. :mrgreen: I think 1/2 inch is 1.75cm...sorry, my metric isn't that good. :oops:

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:23 pm

Trying to insult my Micro again?
:shock:
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:03 am

EricK wrote:Trying to insult my Micro again?
:shock:
Sorry...not this time. :lol: Just trying to clarify to avoid confusion. :mrgreen:

miamigroove

Wood sides

Post by miamigroove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:32 am

i own the originals and PK-5's and have gigged with them regularly.

My vote is ABSOLUTELY NO WOOD ON THE FLOOR.

Unless youre planning on decorating your home studio with them, if youre actually planning on using them live i would strongly recommend against wood for a floor based synth. I think Moog would agree so unless they can offer an upgrade option, id highly doubt we'll see that happen. My guess is they'll use the grey plastic sides similar to the Little Phatty (which I think would look cool :))

Not to mention, the size....thats a lot of tree on the sides! Even the original didnt have real wood sides...

Voltor07

Re: Wood sides

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:30 am

miamigroove wrote:i own the originals and PK-5's and have gigged with them regularly.

My vote is ABSOLUTELY NO WOOD ON THE FLOOR.

Unless youre planning on decorating your home studio with them, if youre actually planning on using them live i would strongly recommend against wood for a floor based synth. I think Moog would agree so unless they can offer an upgrade option, id highly doubt we'll see that happen. My guess is they'll use the grey plastic sides similar to the Little Phatty (which I think would look cool :))

Not to mention, the size....thats a lot of tree on the sides! Even the original didnt have real wood sides...
Interesting...I can understand where you're coming from, but do you have any idea how hard those rubberized panels are to clean? I'd vote for Tolex before rubber. There are some stains that don't come off that kind of plastic/rubber. Wood would be much easier to maintain, IMHO. It gets scratched, sand it down. It gets dirty, wipe it off with Murphy's Oil Soap. The MoogerFoogers were meant to be on the floor, and they have wood sides. Again, my opinion. :)