Orders

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum

Have you ordered the new Taurus pedals yet?

Yes I have
61%
No, but I plan to soon
39%

Total votes: 41

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:53 am

Voltor it was not easy that's for sure.But I'm a olde geezer now with a good if not great steady income.I have close to 40 guitars and a chit load of amps that I bought over the years.
Being a olde geezer means I dont spend the bucks impressing the babes,I have learned to get by with just the basics.I don't recommend my lifestyle to others but it works for me.Also I am going to retire next year so I bought all the things I would not be able to afford once I do retire.I dont play keyboards but I bought a Hammond and the voyager so I could learn keyboards on my own.The taurus came up from the blue and I knew with the moog guitar and the pedals I could do some really Chuck Norris type damage :lol:

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 am

I forgot Voltor,what is the blue snowball?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:01 am

Gamaliel wrote:I forgot Voltor,what is the blue snowball?
The best USB microphone money can buy even though it's only a hundred bucks. The Chuck Norris of USB microphones, if you will. :twisted: If I was going to retire, I'd blow my money on gear, as well. But I'm basically just starting out. Only 38 more years, THEN I can retire. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:14 am

You have a farfisa?LOL all the keyboard players I played with in the 60's had one.Chucky must be proad of you.How is it broken?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:57 am

This Farfisa is a later one...built around 1975 or '76. It was intended for the home user, but seems to have seen its share of clubs. :wink: First, the capacitors are slowly giving up the ghost. Second, there's something wrong with the polyphony, as only three keys sound at a time, which is workable for now. I just need to switch out the capacitors eventually, and maybe the contacts which need to be cleaned on a weekly basis. For some reason, the drawbars only work when they want to, as well. For 250 bucks, I couldn't pass it up, though.

There's also some modifications I'd like to do, such as switch out the filter chips with Curtis SSM2040's, remove the built-in speakers, and some other stuff. But that organ is why I want the Taurus pedals. :mrgreen: This organ is one of four DIY projects I have going on right now. :roll:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Gamaliel wrote:Voltor it was not easy that's for sure.But I'm a olde geezer now with a good if not great steady income.I have close to 40 guitars and a chit load of amps that I bought over the years.
Being a olde geezer means I dont spend the bucks impressing the babes,I have learned to get by with just the basics.I don't recommend my lifestyle to others but it works for me.Also I am going to retire next year so I bought all the things I would not be able to afford once I do retire.I dont play keyboards but I bought a Hammond and the voyager so I could learn keyboards on my own.The taurus came up from the blue and I knew with the moog guitar and the pedals I could do some really Chuck Norris type damage :lol:
Hey, you know they say one of the keys to a long life is to take up new skills to learn to help keep your brain sharp.

Now see were on totally opposite ends of the spectrum. Im just about to get my College degree and start my career, so I bought a Voyager and a lot of stuff that I thought I won't be able to afford when my wife and I decide to have children. My Moog system is my baby right now and I coddle it often lol. (that sounded wierd)

I tell you though, there would be no joy that I could think of than to be able to devote all of my time to nothing but art. To me thats what I have to look forward to. THough my plan is that when I retire, Ill have a facillity built where I can go in and produce whatever I want to. I just have so many paychecks spent and I haven't even started my professional coursework yet! lol

Oh the plans we make that father time forsakes...

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Moo

Post by Moo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:23 am

Hi All!

NewB here :) but thought I'd let you know that I've put the new pedals one buyer closer to target :D

Cheers,

Moo
Bass, Beer & Curry.

www.touchstonemusic.co.uk
www.myspace.com/touchstonemusicuk

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:39 am

Welcome to our dysfunctional family, Moo! :mrgreen: Thanks for supporting the mighty Taurus!

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 pm

welcome Moo! And thanks for bringing the taurus dream closer to reality

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Moo,one small step for man,several steps to make a bass line,on tha taurus :D

judas jedermann

Post by judas jedermann » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 am

Hi all, I`m newB here too. ... And I placed order too so Moog Taurus III is one step closer now. I have used Crumar bass pedals and Korg G5 as my pseudo Taurus.

Image[/img]

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:59 am

Another noob here. Been looking for some second hand Taurus pedals for a while now, never found any. Although this is quite expensive (i am aided by the fact that i live in the UK) i thought 'what the hell' - i love Genesis, Yes and Sunn O))), what else am i going to do?

i just hope they fix the Achilles' Heel which was the exposed contacts as i recall. MIDI will make this amazing for fast sequenced lines. i also hope it still has internal PSU switchable between 240/120V - very handy.

Surely this will reach 1000 units ordered quickly? (i made sure i got in with the introductory offer).

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:57 am

Mr Arkadin wrote:Another noob here. Been looking for some second hand Taurus pedals for a while now, never found any. Although this is quite expensive (i am aided by the fact that i live in the UK) i thought 'what the hell' - i love Genesis, Yes and Sunn O))), what else am i going to do?

i just hope they fix the Achilles' Heel which was the exposed contacts as i recall. MIDI will make this amazing for fast sequenced lines. i also hope it still has internal PSU switchable between 240/120V - very handy.

Surely this will reach 1000 units ordered quickly? (i made sure i got in with the introductory offer).
Heck of a lot cheaper than the original, which can go for $4000 USD. More reliable as well. :mrgreen:

judas jedermann

Post by judas jedermann » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:07 am

Mr Arkadin wrote: i also hope it still has internal PSU switchable between 240/120V - very handy.
+ 1, Switchable voltage is must. I took it for granted because original Taurus had one didn`t it.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:25 am

Howdy folks - I ordered my pedals the day they were announced, but it took a while to get registered on the forums. I'm very excited - if they make it to production, this will be my 3rd set of Taurus pedals. I owned a set of used T-1s about 20 years ago, and a new set of T-2s a short while later. I'm currently using a set of Roland PK-5s MIDI'd to a Roland JP-8000, a good but not great sounding setup - I miss the sound of REAL analog. I hope Moog will do some advertising for the T3 - so far only visitors to the web site know about these, and I think there are a lot more potential customers out there, they just need to be made aware (Hey MOOG - help us to help you!). Here is my wish list for the Taurus 3 = wide pedal spacing like the original Taurus (my Roland PK-5 pedals are too close together, & I hit a lot of double & wrong notes with my size 12s), a pair of gooseneck light sockets on top for those dark stages, and a 1-octave pedalboard (let's keep it portable & light). Moog's spec of 4 CV inputs is clever marketing - I'm already thinking of adding a MP-201 Multi-Pedal to control those vital functions. My only question is, how are we supposed to take full advantage of an arpeggiator using only our two feet? Thanks, and lets all keep praying that our pedals eventually see the light of day!