Orders

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum

Have you ordered the new Taurus pedals yet?

Yes I have
61%
No, but I plan to soon
39%

Total votes: 41

latigid on

Orders

Post by latigid on » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:49 am

If you want, post/vote here when you've ordered your Taurus 3s. Just to keep tabs on the status for at least those who partake in the forum.

MC

Post by MC » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:46 pm

I placed an order yesterday!

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Cool, MC. You have talked at length about filter coupling, feedback and other features of Taurus 1s which have remained elusive. I know you don't work for Moog Music (or do you ;)), but do you think these attributes are able to be recreated? Or are we just going to see a pedal synth LP with a 20 Hz corner frequency boost?

MC

Post by MC » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm not a Moog Music employee but I play one on TV.

Yes I have faith that they can make a bass pedal faithful to the original. Before the Voyager came out, they posted a poll in what people wanted. They asked for a 21st century Minimoog, and they delivered.

When I visited them at NAMM or at the factory, I emphasized that there were key component elements unique to the Taurus that had to be duplicated. Voyager is a faithful reproduction of the Minimoog, but neither was not a Taurus. They are different sounding products.

Other than the soon-to-be-obsolete OTA in the filter feedback and custom resistor arrays, there are no custom components in the original Taurus. Teh same was true for Minimoogs. I have no question that Moog can deliver a Taurus faithful to the original.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:39 pm

I REEAAALLLYY wish I could put in an order for these! Its just not possible financially. I really hope that these become so popular that moog puts them in regular production. Or if they want to hold a set for me for like two years :wink: that would be great.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:31 pm

I think someone is trying to find out if they really ordered first lol.

I plan to order definately 1 possibly 2 units.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:58 pm

I think HB3 beat me ;) , but like I said in the other thread, I think the earliest S/Ns like "1" will be reserved for more "prominent" users. You never know, though.

This thread is more of an indicator for the order status. I personally would like to know whether this synthesiser will be produced or not. The first 250 orders receive a discount by providing a deposit, and this capital would presumably go towards R&D. My guess is that if they can get 250 preorders (surely they can), then I think there is a great chance we will see the production go ahead.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:57 am

I couldn't resist,I just ordered one.Moog is prolly still closed as it's just before 9am here.
Well here we go again,another long wait,I'm still waiting for my moog guitar,LOL!!!!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:10 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:I REEAAALLLYY wish I could put in an order for these! Its just not possible financially. I really hope that these become so popular that moog puts them in regular production. Or if they want to hold a set for me for like two years :wink: that would be great.
ColorForm and I have more and more in common each passing day, I reckon. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:37 pm

LOL it sure seems that way voltor

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:17 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:LOL it sure seems that way voltor
Actually, I just ordered a set. I figure, it'll be close to two years before these things are released...and I can afford the $500 now. So if you are absolutely certain you'll be able to afford them within two years, GO FOR IT! :mrgreen: Gamaliel hasn't even got his MG yet, and they had pictures and vids and EVERYTHING what? Eight months ago? A year ago? Something like that. :roll:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:33 am

Voltor I couldn't afford it either.Just this year I bought a voyager,the moog guitar,a prs Johnny Hiland model guitar,a Chicago Blues Box Buddy Guy amp,compleate with his autograph,and God knows how many high end stomp boxes.But 500 clams oh yeah I can do that.
I figure it's going to be at least early 2010 before it comes close to being shipped,and hell when it does I'm gonna have one killa rig.I'm retiring from my day job early 2009 and going to go back to after 30+ years being a full time musician :D

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:49 am

Jeez! THats impressive.

Ill gladly pay you Tuesday for some bass pedals today.

:D
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:55 am

I forgot the roland gr-300 I got on ebay.yeah it's my backup one LOL!!!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:22 am

Gamaliel wrote:Voltor I couldn't afford it either.Just this year I bought a voyager,the moog guitar,a prs Johnny Hiland model guitar,a Chicago Blues Box Buddy Guy amp,compleate with his autograph,and God knows how many high end stomp boxes.But 500 clams oh yeah I can do that.
I figure it's going to be at least early 2010 before it comes close to being shipped,and hell when it does I'm gonna have one killa rig.I'm retiring from my day job early 2009 and going to go back to after 30+ years being a full time musician :D
YOU need the $700 billion America just gave to the banks! :shock: Are you related to Warren Buffet? How could you even think to afford all that? I thought I was doing good buying the LP, three 'Foogers and used amp all in one year! Not to mention the MacBook, Farfisa 611-R, and Blue Snowball in that same fiscal year. How do you do it? :shock: