Question on offer

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:33 pm

First,
This will be for Kevin to judge. There are conflicting reports on whether or not Bob had a hand in designing the Micro. One site says that he and another guy did while another says that it was solely another guy.
Only Kevin knows for sure anymore lolol.

Second, I think that the particle board is just on the bottom of the synth. Im not sure about the sides, probably but im not sure. Who really cares if the bottom of the synth is particle board or a Mahoghany Teak hybrid endangered species wood. Whats inportant are the circuits.

Third, and most importantly,
Bob Left the company in 1977 and the Micro was produced from 75-79. Know your History, this will be on the final.

In my opinion the particleboard and black plastic looks better than some of the blue and silver membrane buttons of the source (though im not dissing the source)

And lastly and least importantly Ill bet that a couple of my martial arts teachers could kill chuck before he could signal to his bodyguards for help. I think a woodgrain coffin is in order cause afterall chuck was big in the 70's.

One thing that im curious about though (and is relevant to the topic) is that the Information on the Taurus page differs from the Info that Mike Adams posted. While I am going to say that Mike Adams word is superior to that on the page, they really shoudl get that straightened out. Id hate to order my Taurus pedals on Valentines day only to find out that Im going to shell out 1500 instead of 1000 when the pedals ship.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:43 pm

Yes, the side panels are indeed particle board. I know because the aluminum around the edges was coming off on the Micro at Music-Go-Round, and whenever the aluminum moved, which was every time a switch was slid, the particleboard was quite visible.

Anyways, the invoice I was E-mailed lists the amount owed as $1710.64 with shipping and handling. Minus the $500 down, that should come out to $1210.64.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:16 pm

So not to confuse people, that would include shipping, right?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:19 pm

latigid on wrote:So not to confuse people, that would include shipping, right?
Yes.

EDIT- I chose UPS Ground for shipping. I have no idea what it would cost for the European customers...most likely a lot. Unless Chuck Norris is in the UPS truck, in which case it could go over water. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

judas jedermann

Post by judas jedermann » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:05 am

Shipping to Finland costs from 130 $ to almost 400 $ (many alternatives).

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:35 pm

Cool! That's less than I expected. Thanks for the info, judas! :mrgreen: I believe you are the first user from Finland I've run into. Very cool!

judas jedermann

Post by judas jedermann » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Cool! That's less than I expected. Thanks for the info, judas! :mrgreen: I believe you are the first user from Finland I've run into. Very cool!
Thanks, Taurus reissue is my dream come true. I really hope Moog can deliver Taurus before 2010. I am so excited and can barely wait...

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 pm

Let them take all the time they want to deliver, not rushed or hurried but perfect upon its launch.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:03 am

EricK wrote:Let them take all the time they want to deliver, not rushed or hurried but perfect upon its launch.

Eric
Yep, Yep! That's what Moog does! :mrgreen: