Question on offer

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
tjodoin

Question on offer

Post by tjodoin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:39 pm

For the first 250 orders, is that limited to direct sales or is it also available to orders placed through distributors? I'm based in Canada so just want to know where to place my order. :)

Thanks.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm not in the States and I just bought mine through Moog. My guess is like other special offers, e.g. Limited Etherwave Pro, "Signature" 104Z etc., they aren't available to distributors.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:02 pm

One thing that im not clear on is...

If you order before Feb 15th then you get a discounted rate...or can you not place an order for one anytime after the 15th?

I waqs confused until I read that the first 250 orders got the discounted rate.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Southernone

Post by Southernone » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:51 am

Eric:
Mike Adams here. (BTW.. I love the quote in your profile!) Just to clarify, the discount is only available until Feb. 15, 2009. After that the price will increase to $1995 regardless of quantity ordered prior to the Feb. 15 deadline.

Just so you all understand, while there is obviously tremendous enthusiasm for this product here (on the forum). It is not at all clear to us that there is enough support for this project to actually make it viable. (Despite the fact that we ALL want to do this synth.) That is why we created the $500 deposit and associated discounted price. It's early on in the process and we will see. But the sooner it becomes obvious that there is enough enthusiasm for the project (and that enthusiasm manifests itself in serious orders), then we will be very excited about initiating this development.

Hope you all gave thanks yesterday.... I know we all did here at Moog.

Take care,
Mike

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks for your reply, Mr. Adams.

Since you made the announcement Ive done some searching the net and I wonder how many people outside of the forums know about it.

It will be interesting to see the Ad campaign that you guys put together, and since typing this I thought of something that you might be interested in.

WHat you guys did with the very first installment of the Sonic Infinity DVD series......just sending out DVD's for free of the Kehew clinic of all the products up to the MURF, was responsible for me buying all of the Moog products that I bought. I already wanted a Voyager at that point, but it was DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for me purchasing the Ring Modulator and the Analogue Delay and the CP251 (And it made me actively persue the Voyager)

Perhaps if you unveiled the Prototype to the world in this way, with a DVD demonstration of the SOUND and features; show us what its like to control the pedals with a Phatty (duophony) or with a computer based sequencer and Im sure that will result is some hype.

Charge us for the shipping and a couple of bucks for the disc and ill bet that the demand will go way up.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Eric

MC

Post by MC » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:25 pm

I ordered a set.

And you should too.

My web site below should give folks a taste of Taurus pedal legend:

http://www.retrosynth.com/~analoguedieh ... og_taurus/

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Hey i saw that website before they announced the pedals. I wonder if they are going to make that expansion box!

And im wondering what it does lolol.

Eric

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:12 pm

MC wrote:I ordered a set.

And you should too.

My web site below should give folks a taste of Taurus pedal legend:

http://www.retrosynth.com/~analoguedieh ... og_taurus/
i never noticed how much the taurus 1 looks like the micromoog

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:42 am

ColorForm2113 wrote: i never noticed how much the taurus 1 looks like the micromoog
Which in turn looked like an Atari 5200 with a keyboard and fake wood sides. :lol: I wouldn't mind if they replaced the fake wood sides with either LPTE wood sides or LPSE rubberized sides. Of course, I perfer the wood sides, but I understand that at this low price, we must settle for whatever. As long as particle board and vinyl aren't in the design. :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 pm

As a MicroMoog owner I must say there is nothing wrong with particle board. Hmmph.

:lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:19 pm

EricK wrote:As a MicroMoog owner I must say there is nothing wrong with particle board. Hmmph.

:lol:
If this was 1975 I would agree...but it's not, so I don't. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 am

Hey, theres nothing wrong with fake wood panels on the sides either!

Don't go dissing my Micro! Particle Board or no it still deserves love.

(There there now, its all better)

Budget synth my arse!

Eric :lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:23 am

EricK wrote:Hey, theres nothing wrong with fake wood panels on the sides either!

Don't go dissing my Micro! Particle Board or no it still deserves love.

(There there now, its all better)

Budget synth my arse!

Eric :lol:
So you think that's all the Taurus is worth? It's not WORTHY of having wood sides? Or even plastic, which is at least DURABLE? Keep in mind, EricK, these pedals will have to take a beating...which the original Taurus seemed to have problems with, as I have found at least one set with bubbled sides.

As for your Micro, particle board suites it fine! That was the one synth that could pull off that look. And pull it off well. :wink:

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:31 am

I never said the Taurus was worth having or not having anything.

Your comments about the Micro suck just as bad as Chuck Norris and yes I went there lol.

(Hairy chest havin, Mike Huckabee lovin, Wesley Snipes payin, washed up cowboy wannabe)

Bam! (says Emiril)

:shock:

And there were many synths that used particle board. Are you questioning Bob Moog's Judgement?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 pm

No, I'm not questioning the good Doctor's judgement. Because the good Doctor had already left Moog by the time the Micro was released. :shock: Even if he HAD decided to use particle board, he was keeping costs down while making a stylish synth for the time, as people liked fake woodgrain on everything. I remember growing up with a woodgrain microwave in the kitchen. I'd like to think that we've moved past that as consumers.

FWIW, I look for that fake woodgrain when I buy electronics from the '70's. It just seems like a testament to the period. Like without the woodgrain, it wouldn't be '70's. It looks great on Moogs, but not new ones, and only if the synth was properly kept. I've seen more than my share of bubbling woodgrain and crumbling particle board.

BTW, it's not MY business if you choose to insult Chuck Norris...I'm not the one who will die seeing the sole of a boot. :lol: