control Minitaur/Sirin with 12-Step - HALP!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
hieronymous

control Minitaur/Sirin with 12-Step - HALP!

Post by hieronymous » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:55 pm

I have a McMillen 12 Step and when I have used it to control my Sirin in the past, I used the McMillen MIDI expander to go in to the DIN MIDI connector on the Sirin. But then it occurred to me - can't I go direct from the USB MIDI port of the 12 Step into the USB MIDI port of the Sirin?

It seemed to good to be true - the 12 Step manual says that in order to control MIDI hardware you need to use the expander box - but maybe I'm wrong?

Sorry that I am a MIDIot!

stiiiiiiive

Re: control Minitaur/Sirin with 12-Step - HALP!

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:58 am

Sorry, I don't have the answer but I loved the MIDIdiot pun :D
That being said, I would try myself. You can also contact KMI directly.

hieronymous

Re: control Minitaur/Sirin with 12-Step - HALP!

Post by hieronymous » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:44 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:58 am Sorry, I don't have the answer but I loved the MIDIdiot pun :D
That being said, I would try myself. You can also contact KMI directly.
Thanks stiiiiiiive - after looking at manuals, I don't think it's going to work. I think I knew this - is this a symptom of getting old? :idea:

I thought of the MIDIot thing because when I was an 11 year old kid in 1982, a new magazine came out, called Vidiot, with The Beatles on the cover for some reason. I was really into The Beatles, having just discovered pop & rock music after moving to Japan because of my dad's work. That has stuck in my head this past 40 years and popped out now!