Minitaur wooden sides with dust cover?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Jaycee_NL

Minitaur wooden sides with dust cover?

Post by Jaycee_NL » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Hello! This week my Minitaur arrived :mrgreen:
I also ordered a dust cover (made by Decksaver).
I would like to have the Minitaur wooden sides but I am not sure if this works with the dust cover. Does anyone know whether this will fit together?

Thanks in advance!

Mortis

Re: Minitaur wooden sides with dust cover?

Post by Mortis » Fri May 12, 2023 7:43 am

I bought the same and am thinking if just using distance holders and longer screws...

Mortis

Post by Mortis » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:32 am

ENGLISH:
I just cut the edges left and right, now it fits perfectly. See photos. 15 minutes work.

GERMAN:
Ich hab das Dust Cover grad mal schnell an den Seiten beschnitten, jetzt passt es perfekt. Dazu einfach Dremel bei Amazon für 12 EUR gekauft, in die Bohrmaschine gespannt (die Rotationsgeschw. der Bohrmaschine reicht hier für das Plastik aus, ansonsten haben Dremelmaschinen sehr viel höhere Drehgeschwindigkeiten).

Danach die Ränder mit Teppichmesser und Schleifpapier entgratet. Easy. 15 Minuten Arbeit.

Wieso kann ich hier keine Bilder mehr hochladen? Board attachment quota reached. Schade. Ich lade es dann eben extra hoch: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... M5NRjWnr8k

Spider76

Post by Spider76 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:58 am

Mortis wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:32 am ENGLISH:
I just cut the edges left and right, now it fits perfectly. See photos. 15 minutes work.
I did the same. It's really easy and fast, the plastic of the decksaver can be cut with a cutter and the rough edge finished with a file. Fits perfectly, the raised edge of the wooden panels keeps it in place even without the sides.