Sirin Decay & Sustain problem solved

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
hieronymous

Sirin Decay & Sustain problem solved

Post by hieronymous » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:07 am

I noted a problem I was having here in another thread. I was trying to turn on drone mode but unable to, then discovered that my Decay & Sustain knobs no longer had any effect.

Wanted to report that I contacted Moog and they helped me a lot. It took a few days between communications but they always got back to me. I made a video explaining the problem, and they asked the following:
In the Editor, there is a Global Setting for "ENV RELEASE MODE" that sets the behavior of the Release, either being linked to the Decay or Independently controlled. Could you tell em what you have this set to? I'm thinking this setting might be part of why it's behaving that way.
And it was! When I switched to the other one it worked they way I expected/wanted! I think it's Mode 1 that I like - I was able to play a staccato note with long sustain of both filter & amp, and then turn down the decay to get notes to end if I need to, whereas in the other setting I wasn't able to.

So, the answer was - USER ERROR! And Moog support helped me figure it out!

Also significant - I tried contacting them with the chat feature on the website - no one answered, but I did get an automated email acknowledging my attempt and later on an email from a real person that ended with what seems to be the solution - I've been able to play with my Sirin working properly at least twice since then. So don't give up!

mfl

Re: Sirin Decay & Sustain problem solved

Post by mfl » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:44 pm

That's a very good news. I'm happy it wasn't an hardware problem as I had suggested.
Etherwave+ > Eurorack > [CV cables] > Minitaur , Sirin < [USB cables] < Bidule < nanoKontrols

hieronymous

Re: Sirin Decay & Sustain problem solved

Post by hieronymous » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:25 pm

mfl wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:44 pm That's a very good news. I'm happy it wasn't an hardware problem as I had suggested.
I was very happy as well! :D

Of course, there is always the fear that it might be an intermittent problem, but I recorded with it last night and it behaved as expected! I love this thing!