Sirin is constantly detuned

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
galopolag

Sirin is constantly detuned

Post by galopolag » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:09 am

Hello there!

I have used my Sirin almost on a daily basis for more than a year now, but lately a very annoying phenomenon started to happen: both oscillators are constantly out of tune, in a moving way...

I use it to practice my organ; so I play with my feet on a MIDI pedalboard, the MIDI goes to a Prophet rev2 synth, and goes out (MIDI thru) to the Sirin, so I can hear both synths with a single note. In this setting, the detuning is particularly audible...

I tried to do a note calibration with the Sirin editor, but the problem remains. Any ideas? :(

Thanks a lot for your help! :wink:

hieronymous

Re: Sirin is constantly detuned

Post by hieronymous » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:56 am

galopolag wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:09 am Hello there!

I have used my Sirin almost on a daily basis for more than a year now, but lately a very annoying phenomenon started to happen: both oscillators are constantly out of tune, in a moving way...

I use it to practice my organ; so I play with my feet on a MIDI pedalboard, the MIDI goes to a Prophet rev2 synth, and goes out (MIDI thru) to the Sirin, so I can hear both synths with a single note. In this setting, the detuning is particularly audible...

I tried to do a note calibration with the Sirin editor, but the problem remains. Any ideas? :(

Thanks a lot for your help! :wink:
Question - do you let it warm up before playing it? Have you contacted Moog?