Issues with Minitaur panel settings - overwritten?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
PacoBelan

Issues with Minitaur panel settings - overwritten?

Post by PacoBelan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Hi all, hoping someone else might have had this issue or know how to fix it.

Basically, the Minitaur operates on a sequence of preset settings that you navigate, and the very first one in that sequence, preset 000, is the panel control setting. So if you want to twiddle knobs, you set it to preset 000 and go for it. All other presets disable most of the knob controls apart from volume as they're recalling those specific preset settings.

All pretty logical!

My issue is that it appears that my preset 000 is now similar to all other presets in that apart from volume all knobs are disabled for manual twiddling. When I look in the Minitaur editor software it shows that all the knobs for this preset 000 are set to zero. I can adjust the knobs in this editor software, which is able to produce sound out of preset 000 immediately.

So it looks like my panel control "preset" is now just a normal saved preset.

Once I go back to just using the Minitaur without the editing software, it produces no sound (apart from the almost subaural clicks associated with the sequence being played while all knobs are all the way down.) I can manually switch across to the other presets and they all sound fine and work normally.

Looking online I don't think I'm the first to experience this, but there doesn't appear to be a solution.

I've reinstalled the firmware, rolled it back to a previous firmware, no change.

I'm using a beatstep pro with it via midi.

I'm going out of my mind, does anyone know what could be causing this?