Panel Settings and preset 000

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Dr_Raven

Panel Settings and preset 000

Post by Dr_Raven » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:25 pm

A simple question that I hope has a simple solution. I have my Minitaur's MIDI In connected to my Roland Juno-G's MIDI Out so that when I change patches on the Juno-G then the presets on the Mintaur change correspondingly via program change. I connected a USB cable to my Mac and used the Minitaur's editor to setup several custom presets in order starting at 000 so that they line up with the presets on my Roland Juno-G starting at patch 00. All of the Minitaur's presets work fine when I change the patches on the Juno-G, except preset 000. I can see in the editor that it keeps reverting back to "Panel Settings" whenever I select my first patch on the Juno-G. In the editor, I have tried dragging and dropping the preset sound that I want onto 000 and then sending it to the Minitaur via USB, and this works and sounds correct, but as soon as I change to a different patch on the Juno-G then come back, patch 000 reverts back to "Panel Settings". If I send my custom patch to 000 again and then save it using Glide and Release on the Minitaur, it still reverts to "Panel Settings" when I change patches on my Juno-G. After doing a search of this forum for "Panel Settings" it's starting to look like Moog hard-coded preset 000 to always revert to "Panel Settings". This might be useful to some, but it's a problem when you want to setup your keyboards for live performance. I know I can move all of my Juno-G and Minitaur patches up one so I don't use preset 000 on the Minitaur, but is it possible to overwrite preset 000 permanently on the Minitaur? Thanks!

mfl

Re: Panel Settings and preset 000

Post by mfl » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:52 pm

I believe that the simplest solution would be moving every presets 1 slot up to avoid using preset 0 on the Minitaur.

From my understanding, preset 000 on the Minitaur can be saved / overwritten but not loaded. As in, you can save a preset in that slot and then move it to an other slot using the editor but I don't know of any ways to load what's in this slot without forcing the current panel settings to overwrite it.

Saving or moving existing presets in that slot only affect the state of 'hidden' parameters and switches (waveforms), loading their saved values when booting or requesting preset 000 but that's all I'm aware of (since those do not have corresponding panel knob values to overwrite them).
Last edited by mfl on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Etherwave+ > Eurorack > [CV cables] > Minitaur , Sirin < [USB cables] < Bidule < nanoKontrols

Dr_Raven

Re: Panel Settings and preset 000

Post by Dr_Raven » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Thanks for confirming MFL, I was afraid of that. I can see that it would be handy for people who like to program on the fly and then save to another preset, but to someone who wants to line up all the patches in their synths for live shows it's an oddity and a PITA. Yep, I'll just shift everything up one slot/preset/patch to work around it. But it would be nice if Moog gave us the option to overwrite that preset and save it there. I'll just have to wait for the next firmware update suggestions post and hope :)

Andy