Minitaur & Sirin editors: "hardware disconnected" issue when connected to iConnectivity XL

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
loekazz

Minitaur & Sirin editors: "hardware disconnected" issue when connected to iConnectivity XL

Post by loekazz » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi,

Although the editors seem to work fine when both synths are connected to the USB 3.0 hub of my screen (connected to the USB 3.0 port of my Mac mini), they have an issue when they are connected to the USB host ports of my iConnectivity XL midi interface (configured via RTP).

Using both standalone and as AU plugins, the editors seem to hang when previewing presets and / or trying to save presets from the editor to the HW, resulting in the infamous 'hardware disconnected' message. When only twisting knobs (both HW and SW) and recording these movements as automation in my DAW, everything runs smooth.

So there's only a problem when trying to preview and/or save presets from SW to HW when connected to the MIO XL. Previewing the HW presets in the most-right column of the editor also works fine! As long as the connection isn't screwed.

On the other hand, I have a similar setup with a Toraiz AS-1 and REV2 connected to a MIO XM and using the soundtower software. In this case everything runs smooth and fine, also when previewing presets from SW to HW and all that stuff...

This is the way everything is set up:

- midi cable from DIN output of MIO XL to DIN input of Moog synth, this is for receiving MIDI note data and other simple MIDI commands.

- USB from MIO XL host port to USB of Moog synth, this is for the connection of the editor / AU software and thus communication between HW and SW.

- mio XL is connected via RTP to my Mac mini.

- everything is routed via the iConnectivity Auracle software and Mac's MIDI-studio as how it should be and in the very same way my successful setup with the AS1 and REV2 is done.

Any thoughts?
I've mailed Moog support as well.

Thanks!
Attachments
RTP_XM.png
RTP_XL.png
RTP_MIDISTUDIO.png

Montfrooij

Re: Minitaur & Sirin editors: "hardware disconnected" issue when connected to iConnectivity XL

Post by Montfrooij » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:39 am

Sorry, not (yet) on mac here.

kendallhalbert

Re: Minitaur & Sirin editors: "hardware disconnected" issue when connected to iConnectivity XL

Post by kendallhalbert » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 pm

I use a mioXL 8x12 and could not get your scenario to work either.
Original Model D, Taurus 1, Source, Minitaur, Voyager RME, One 16 voice

MC

Post by MC » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:39 am

The editor seems to be picky about USB ports. When I use it on my MBP one USB port will work but not the other. Looking at specs I do not see any difference to account for that.

Try different USB ports.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi