Minitaur as an external filter

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Richy_d99

Minitaur as an external filter

Post by Richy_d99 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully used their Minitaur to filter incoming sounds in Ableton? I tried to follow Amos’s YouTube video but without any joy.

My audio track with an external instrument on Channel 1 (Moog) with output to channel 3 (Scarlett) works ok
My audio track with an external instrument on channel 3 (Scarlett) with output to channel 1 (Moog) has no sound.

Am I missing something?

Thank you
Richard

stiiiiiiive

Re: Minitaur as an external filter

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Not sure to understand your routing, but have you triggered a continuous gate ON for opening the envelopes? I think there is even a drone mode. Don't have a Minitaur, though...

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:22 pm

You get to drone mode by turning VCA's Sustain to the maximum while holing the Glide button
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Richy_d99

Post by Richy_d99 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:07 am

Ok. I’ll try the gate option although there is no mention of this on the help guide.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:42 pm

Please excuse me if I state the obvious here.

You actually don't need the drone mode, you just need to have the amp envelope opened: when using the Minitaur as a filter for external signal, the input signal is just like an oscillator. Hence the sound won't pass through if you don't open the envelope by pressing a key, inputting an gate signal or... using the drone mode.

On the Moog Music website, you can find the Minitaur manual addedum/cheat sheet (section "Manuals" of the Download page of the site). Search for "drone":
The Minitaur cheat sheet wrote:DRONE ON/OFF:
GLIDE + AMP SUSTAIN (Min to Max = ON)
GLIDE + AMP SUSTAIN (Max to Min = OFF)

m_sternum

Post by m_sternum » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:13 pm

Hey mate, I use it as a filter all the time in Ableton. I send a like 250 Bar C1 to the minitaur and turn both the oscilators off to open it up. Also make sure that the ext. input is turned up in the minitaur editor