Minitaur sound problems

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Richy_d99

Minitaur sound problems

Post by Richy_d99 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi guys,

I’m experiencing a weird issue with the Minitaur and would like it understand if this is software or hardware related.

Sound stops working if I move to another clip, after a recording or selecting another track and back to the Moog track.

The midi keyboard works and is receiving midi information. To get sound back, I need to select another preset and back to the original preset in the Minitaur Editor. Both VST and standalone both have the same issue.

This is the same issue if i’m playing back a clip then stops sound after a loop, the keyboard also wont play any notes. To resolve this I either need to select the preset again or reboot the box.

Running Ableton Live 10, Catalina 10.15.x, the latest firmware on Minitaur.

Thanks
Richard

Richy_d99

Re: Minitaur sound problems

Post by Richy_d99 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am

I think I may have solved this by deleting the track and recreating the external instrument with Minitaur Editor plugin. So far so good.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:09 pm

That could be related to the unit receiving a Program Change, which makes all settings jump.

In the clip settings, left to the piano roll, the Notes section (which is toggled by the notes icon) should show all of the three values under Pgm Change with three dotted lines ---
If there is a number instead, the problem lies there, turn them off to the dotted lines and you are set
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Richy_d99

Post by Richy_d99 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:16 pm

Thanks Bichuelo, they all look fine, although I haven't experienced the problem since. I'll remember that if this occurs again.

Herr Mosa

Post by Herr Mosa » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:47 am

…I don't know of any Minitaur (or even Moog) sound problems :mrgreen:
mod d 2017 muse, sub37, minitaur, mf101, mf102, mf103