Preset change automation “help please”

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Miniclaw

Preset change automation “help please”

Post by Miniclaw » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Hello fellows.

So I’ve got my minitaur making sound. I’ve kinda mastered it actually and so I’ve got an array of awesome presets. Now I’m trying to figure out how to automate the preset change as I can’t possibly keep up with my change requirements using the manual option and simply going back n forth ain’t gunna cut it for my sequences.

So,? I’m using FL Studio atm.

I’d be totally stoked if someone or somebody’s or everybody chimed in a blanketed this topic in sweet sweet information?

Thanks in advance.

kendallhalbert

Re: Preset change automation “help please”

Post by kendallhalbert » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:42 pm

The Minitaur responds to standard program and bank change CC messages.
Original Model D, Taurus 1, Source, Minitaur, Voyager RME, One 16 voice

Dr_Raven

Post by Dr_Raven » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi Kendall,

I see your reply was posted last October, but I had a further question about program changes and the presets. The manual does not seem to be clear about the difference between the Factory Presets and User presets and how they respond to program change messages.

I have tested sending program changes from my controller keyboard to the Minitaur, and if I choose patch 001 on my controller then I can see and hear that it plays the Factory Preset 001. That makes sense.

But is it possible to overwrite the Factory presets with my own sounds so that I can use patch 001 on my controller and it will change to my preset sound that I've written to Preset 001 on the Minitaur?

If I can't overwrite the factory presets, then how does my controller access the presets I create? Are they only accessible using patch 129 and above on my controller?

Thanks!

Dr Raven

till

Post by till » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:30 pm

There is no difference in the memory space used for the factory and user sounds. So you always overwrite s factory sound if you save a sound of yourself.

And therefor there is absolute no difference in accessing the patches via MIDI CC. Preset #1 is either a factory or a user sound depending if you saved into this position before.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16