Panel Settings "Preset" on Sirin

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
moogme

Panel Settings "Preset" on Sirin

Post by moogme » Fri May 01, 2020 12:49 pm

Hello all!

It seems that I have written over the Panel Settings preset on my Sirin and now when I activate that preset it acts as a normal preset and not a panel mode.... any idea?

Also does anyone know how this "preset" actually works. Can we edit it and still have it be a panel mode?

Thanks!

stiiiiiiive

Re: Panel Settings "Preset" on Sirin

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri May 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Hi!

I haven't touched any Sirin or Minitaur at all but "Panel" means that the sound is determined by the actual knob positions, am I wrong ?

moogme

Post by moogme » Sat May 02, 2020 12:29 pm

Not at all. Every synth that I have had that had a panel mode uses a switch or something similar to do so.

It seems the Sirin uses a preset to do so but perhaps it's not really a preset after all. I'm not sure exactly how it works.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun May 03, 2020 10:10 am

The user's manual is your friend here.

I'm quite convinced the panel mode is not a a preset. It's kind of te contrary, in fact: the bypass of any preset to have the knobs controlling the engine directly.

I mean: don't expect to find the same sound when getting back to panel mode after having touched the knobs. Expect the sound to reflect the exact position of knobs.

moogme

Post by moogme » Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am

Thanks for your replies...

I haven't seen anything in the manual about this. Perhaps I just missed it?

I am thinking that it can't just be a normal panel mode because there are functions that are not on the panel. Let's take hard sync for an example.....when you go to panel mode is it active or not? Does the unit remember its last position?