Minitaur no sound

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Dan_reiss

Minitaur no sound

Post by Dan_reiss » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 pm

So currently in the process of setting up my studio with ableton and multiple hardware. And quite the mission its been.

Ive set it up as a external instuments and have a midi controller sending midi notes and judging by the light flashing on the minitaur its receivibg midi data. But im not gettin any audio from the outputs to the audio interface. I tried switching out the audio cable and that had no effect.

Ive had it working in the past but since i tried but that was with the midi directly from a synth but since ive reworked my set up to work with ableton it doesnt seem to be generating any audio.

If the midi light on the moog is flassing when using the keys on the midi controller, does it mean its actually receiving midi data?

bichuelo

Re: Minitaur no sound

Post by bichuelo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:23 am

Yes, it is receiving MIDI if the light flashes

Try opening the filter, turning both VCOs levels up and sending a CC 7 (volume) from the automation section inside a clip in Ableton
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 am

I had a similar issue with my Minitaur- I hadn't used it for awhile, and while adding a new synth today I also reconnected the Minitaur. I saw the MIDI LED flashing, and with the editor (Mac OS) I saw knobs turning, but no sound- either thru the output or the headphone jack. I disconnected power and USB, waited a bit, then reconnected power then USB and it is working again. Strange...

Miniclaw

Post by Miniclaw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:46 am

Hi.

I’m pretty desperate for help with this issue. Definantly receiving midi data but no sound being generated.
I’ve just purchased the unit and had massive postage delays so I’m quite keen to sort it ASAP as you can imagine.

So I have the midi being sent from fl studio into the minitaur. I’m using the piano roll note data to minitaur? Seems to be transmitting but no sound either from out or headphone jack. Tried cable swapping and all the hardware swaps to no avail. Definitely have the vco’s up and cut off are up enough to permit sound but nothing.
Hope someone can help me here or I’ll have to start a new topic?

I have no idea how to send a midi cc7 from Florida studio. I don’t understand midi cc yet?

Thanks in advance.

Herr Mosa

Post by Herr Mosa » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:50 am

Same here today after weeks of non-usage
Midi flashes but no sound -
Editor USB works etc.

I finally tried "Restore the Global Settings" in the Editors Setup Tab - now it's fine again :wink:
mod d 2017 muse, sub37, minitaur, mf101, mf102, mf103

Miniclaw

Post by Miniclaw » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Yes for anyone stuck the editor is the philosophers stone turning mute Minitaurs into sonic beasts!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!