Moog Sirin seems dead

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Gorkovoy

Moog Sirin seems dead

Post by Gorkovoy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:05 am

Hello!

I found a similar topic on Minitaur, but it seems that the problem mentioned there was not actually resolved. I bought my Sirin in December, bought it used. It looked new, everything was working great until today. I turned my Sirin on, but the synth seemed completely dead. All the lights are on, the synth does not respond to anything and the editor does not see the unit at all. There's also a weird hum coming from the unit, it gets a bit more quiet when I touch the volume nob, but if I turn the filter nob nothing happens. I emailed the Moog support people, but they have not responded yet, I probably need to give them more time.

In the meanwhile, does anybody know what to do? I tried the 4 buttons thing, but it did not work of course, because it is definitely not the MIDI channel issue.

Thanks in advance!

till

Re: Moog Sirin seems dead

Post by till » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:56 pm

Try a different PSU with the same specs and polarity.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Gorkovoy

Post by Gorkovoy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:23 am

Thank you for your reply!

I turned it on again after a few hours and it worked fine. I have no idea what happened, because I tried to turn it on and off and nothing helped. Now everything seems fine, but I’m kind of concerned because I don’t want it to die during a live show

moogme

Post by moogme » Sat May 02, 2020 12:37 pm

How is your Sirin working now? Do you find it glitchy at all? Especially with the under the hood functions?