Minitaur with full interface and display for patch number

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Astrus

Minitaur with full interface and display for patch number

Post by Astrus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone say if it is possible for Moog to produce a Minitaur synth with a full hardware interface and a display for no. patch, so that we are no longer dependent on the PC for the real-time modification of certain parameters and to know what the patch number is when we are in a live performance, without being dependent on the software editor for modifications and for to know the patch number / when a complete Minitaur might be possible ?

I think there would be a real interest in this regard from the customers, and the sales / revenues would be much higher, thus being a good thing and an advantage of both parties !

Thanks !

bichuelo

Re: Minitaur with full interface and display for patch number

Post by bichuelo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:42 pm

For me, it would make more sense a USB device which does the job, specifically for the Minitaur/Sirin

More realistic even, an app for iOS/Android, similar to the editor
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

ummagumma

Post by ummagumma » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm

yep I agree with bichuelo

is it not possible to run the editor on a smartphone/android/tablet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TknQHeS8zE

Astrus

Post by Astrus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:28 pm

I am only interested in having a Moog bass synthesizer, with a complete hardware interface (like the software editor), that can be used to its full capacity, in a totally independent way.

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 am

You could get something like a Morningstar MC6 and use it to scroll presets; you can set it to display the current patch number. You could also use MIDI CCs programmed to the other hardware buttons and/or expression pedal to gain easy access to the Minitaur’s under-the-hood features without having to be hooked up to a PC.

Montfrooij

Post by Montfrooij » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 am

Astrus wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:36 pm Hi all,

Can anyone say if it is possible for Moog to produce a Minitaur synth with a full hardware interface and a display for no. patch, so that we are no longer dependent on the PC for the real-time modification of certain parameters and to know what the patch number is when we are in a live performance, without being dependent on the software editor for modifications and for to know the patch number / when a complete Minitaur might be possible ?

I think there would be a real interest in this regard from the customers, and the sales / revenues would be much higher, thus being a good thing and an advantage of both parties !

Thanks !
Why not try the subsequent 37?
(or even the 25 if you want something smaller)
I just got it and it is superb for live (and in the studio as well)

kendallhalbert

Post by kendallhalbert » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Have you seen this?

https://www.bullitohonkey.com
Original Model D, Taurus 1, Source, Minitaur, Voyager RME, One 16 voice