New Sirin User (set up issues with audio interface and midi usb and ableton live 10))

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
aaru

New Sirin User (set up issues with audio interface and midi usb and ableton live 10))

Post by aaru » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:49 am

Hey guys and gals! First post so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes or do not make my self clear enough. I was fortunate enough to be gifted a Sirin for Christmas and I just got around to trying to set it up with my audio interface (steinberg UR22) I'm not to sure how to exactly get it to work. I've tried going from the out of the sirin and into the input 2 of my interface and it wont see to work. I have a mic connected to input one and that seems to send audio fine into ableton, I've looked around the editor trying to find input and output setting but I cant seem to find any (if there even is) It also keeps telling me my device is not connected with midi. (i have a Komplete Kontrol midi keyboard) I've downloaded the USB midi driver but i'm not to sure how to connect it properly or even if i'm selecting the right ins and outs lol. I had experience once owning a korg ms-20 mini and that connected fine from the output of the korg into input of my interface. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully someone can help me or I can keep trying to figure it out. Cheers!

hieronymous

Re: New Sirin User (set up issues with audio interface and midi usb and ableton live 10))

Post by hieronymous » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:29 pm

What an awesome gift! I can't help with the Steinberg or Ableton, but a couple of basic questions - have you listened to it via the headphone jack? Are you sure your MIDI keyboard is triggering the SIRIN? The little MIDI light underneath the bird image at the upper left should light up with each note you play. If not, then maybe you have to make sure your keyboard is set to the same MIDI channel as the SIRIN.

I'm much better at audio chains than MIDI, but wanted to be clear too that you are trying to send audio out into your interface, not MIDI? Hopefully some of the experts here will jump in!

aaru

Re: New Sirin User (set up issues with audio interface and midi usb and ableton live 10))

Post by aaru » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:49 pm

Hey thanks for the reply! There is actually no sound coming out for the headphone jack either. I'm not sure if that is because you need to trigger it with a midi. I'm thinking I might have gotten a lemon. The midi light is going off on the software but not on the actual unit itself.

aaru

Post by aaru » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:52 pm

Got a friend to help me! Its working now! Stoked to create with this beast!! Thanks again for the reply! Cheers!!

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:47 pm

That's great you got it working! Just wondering, in case someone else has a similar issue - what was the problem?

I remember when I first got ProTools on a laptop (summer 2002) - I never would have been able to get started without a few basic pointers from a friend.

Oh yeah, post some music in the "share your synthesizer music" thread if you get a chance!

MileS1977

Post by MileS1977 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:56 am

Hello Aaru,

Can you explain what you have done as I have a similar issue with my sirin and audio interface? When I connect directly my moog to the speaker, that's ok but when I go through the audio interface, I see that the sound is triggered but I don't hear anything...

Thanks!