Problems with connecting

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Desolous

Problems with connecting

Post by Desolous » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 am

Hi!

I feel really dumb asking this but i have never owned a synth before and for some reason i just can't get my minitaur to work with Ableton even when following all the steps i could find online.

I currently have it connected with a usb cable so maybe i need more cables? Unsure about that. But baiscly i updated all the firmware and my editor does recognize it and is in sync. Also i can find it in my midi menu and it even gives off the midi light when im using my keyboard., But just no sound. Also im using a focusrite 18I20 (Its horrible)and im a windows user.

Also im not native english so im sorry if this post is a bit weird.

I really hope someone can help bc i really wanna start making music with it
Regards

till

Re: Problems with connecting

Post by till » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am

You need more then a USB cable. Have you connected a headphone or the audio to some speakers or mixer or Audio card? The USB of most USB equipped synths is not transporting the audio signal. But I guess, you got other problems.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

bkin

Re: Problems with connecting

Post by bkin » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:23 pm

im using a focusrite 18I20
Can we assume you have the audio from the Audio / Out jack connected to the focusrite?

In Live's MIDI settings, did you activate the MIDI options for the Sirin?