Minitaur does not reset its MIDI channel to match the channel being sent

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Clawless

Minitaur does not reset its MIDI channel to match the channel being sent

Post by Clawless » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Hey All,

Just picked up a Minitaur today and can't seem to get it running with Ableton 10.
I've tried both using the External Instrument and the MOOG Editor software to sync it up.

Setting the synth up to receive midi by pressing all four buttons isn't working. They keep blinking even when I try playing midi from both my Push and drawing in midi notes in the DAW.

Likewise, In the editor isn't able to resolve the problem no matter which Midi channel is selected.

No idea what the issue is as it seems like a simple set up.
Has anyone encountered similar issues? Fixes?
HELP!

MC

Re: Minitaur does not reset its MIDI channel to match the channel being sent

Post by MC » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:06 am

If all four buttons continue to blink then it isn't receiving any MIDI messages. You could have a bad MIDI cable, try another one.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Clawless

Post by Clawless » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:27 pm

Just tried that with the same result.

I also just ran Midi Monitor on my Mac and it showed that Ableton 10 and Push were sending midi to the Minitaur.
Still there's no sound coming from the synth and I won't receive the midi channel setup info either.

I've attached a screen cap of the midi monitor test.

Thanks!
Attachments
Midi Monitor
Midi Monitor

Clawless

Post by Clawless » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:34 pm

Tried a couple different midi cables.
Still no sound.

Checked Midi Monitor and it says that Ableton is sending midi info to the Minitaur.
However, the synth is still not responding to the midi channel set up and still isn't making any sound.