Minitaur still triggers above note range

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
rosscapricorn

Minitaur still triggers above note range

Post by rosscapricorn » Thu May 30, 2019 11:51 pm

I bought this to replace the Mother-32, thinking the Minitaur would be silent if you play notes above its range, but that appears to be not the case! If I play midi notes above its range the Minitaur still plays, but plays the equivalent note I'm hiting but in an octave within it's range.

So what's the point to limit the range then? I don't get it. I thought the Minitaur was going to be something I could play for left hand parts overtop of my main keyboard, but the result right now is just chaotic - the Minitaur is still playing even when you play super high octaves C5, C6, C7....

Meanwhile in the manual it says "The Minitaur responds to MIDI Note values 0-72; note values of 73 and higher are ignored." This is kind of misleading, it appears they aren't "ignored', they are simply substituted for lower equivalent notes....

Quatschmacher

Re: Minitaur still triggers above note range

Post by Quatschmacher » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:30 am

There is another mode (wrap off) where it’ll just play the highest note in its range once you stray out of it. Still, an option for complete silence would’ve been useful.