Something amazing happened to my Sub 37 - Sirin

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
conradk

Something amazing happened to my Sub 37 - Sirin

Post by conradk » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 pm

Just got my Sirin - using my Sub 37 as a controller I am combining sounds with my Sub 37 and Sirin that are jaw dropping. It's a totally different sonic experience. Kudos to the Moog family for putting the Sirin synth out there.

One issue I ran into using the Sub 37 as a controller is that the midi control message associated with the Sub 37 MULTIDRIVE filter knob adjusts the tuning on the Sirin. [I later bought a vintage midi Anatek Pocket Filter and no more controller problems AND I can use Multidrive for both, confusing but great outcome].

I will say, Sirin does not have a power button which even cheap mini-synths have these days. I guess will have to look at mod'ing someday as it is annoying to plug/un-plug a power adapter to power on/off.

Playing with the Sirin controller software is easy - about the same as any I guess. Always wish on these there was an easier way to arrow or tab through settings and presets vs. clicking with a mouse. But that's about what I expected to find as everyone else does the same thing pretty much.

Anyways - just wanted to report that the Sirin is solid!

elcubismo

Re: Something amazing happened to my Sub 37 - Sirin

Post by elcubismo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 am

The Sirin is my first Moog synth, but I do have 4 moogerfoogers and want a mother 32 . The sub37 combo sounds amazing!

I'm sure you know by now since you've had the Sirin for a while, but you can totally change presets by pressing Glide + Osc 1/2 to go back and forth. It's a bit easy to get lost as to where you are in the preset list, but it's something at least!

mad.grv

Re: Something amazing happened to my Sub 37 - Sirin

Post by mad.grv » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:07 pm

conradk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 pm Just got my Sirin - using my Sub 37 as a controller I am combining sounds with my Sub 37 and Sirin that are jaw dropping. It's a totally different sonic experience. Kudos to the Moog family for putting the Sirin synth out there.

One issue I ran into using the Sub 37 as a controller is that the midi control message associated with the Sub 37 MULTIDRIVE filter knob adjusts the tuning on the Sirin. [I later bought a vintage midi Anatek Pocket Filter and no more controller problems AND I can use Multidrive for both, confusing but great outcome].

I will say, Sirin does not have a power button which even cheap mini-synths have these days. I guess will have to look at mod'ing someday as it is annoying to plug/un-plug a power adapter to power on/off.

Playing with the Sirin controller software is easy - about the same as any I guess. Always wish on these there was an easier way to arrow or tab through settings and presets vs. clicking with a mouse. But that's about what I expected to find as everyone else does the same thing pretty much.

Anyways - just wanted to report that the Sirin is solid!
Was very intrigued with the Sirin and finally managed to get one myself. Your post cleared my doubts about buying it as I had a sub37 already and I’m glad I did. They sound quite different and are two different beasts I love the rounder and more straight forward tones the Sirin can produce, somehow closer to the subPhatty.

Anyhow I’m curious how you got the two working together, do you simply use a midi out from the sub into the Sirin or did you have to do some more in depth mapping with it?

Best,
T