Minitaur editor problems again!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
papawise

Minitaur editor problems again!

Post by papawise » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:35 am

I can't believe that I'm having this issues with Moog again.

First was the Minitaur (and still is) and now the Sub 37 that was working ok before... the disconnected problem in a new PC with clean Windows install.. Can someone explain what happen with Moog and all this issues?? they don't try the drivers before releasing them out or what? uffff :evil:

Windows 7 x64 + Ableton 10
Minitaur: Firmware 2.2.1 + Editor 3.2.0 + USB driver 4.35.0
Sub 37: Firmware 1.2.0 + Editor 1.0 + USB driver 4.35.0

Can someone say to me, what should I do to stop the "cannot connect with the hardware" message PLEASEEEE???? :evil:
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

papawise

Re: Minitaur editor problems again!

Post by papawise » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:38 pm

Hello guys, so moog forum, but no help for moog products?? :(
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:52 pm

More often than not you have to contact Moog directly with issues.
The forums here can be a bit slow (especially compared to places like GS) and it's usually other users answering instead of Moog themselves.
Rudi seems most active but I don't know if he deals with the editor. It’s usually firmware related stuff he helps with.

I got an email today saying there's a new revision of the editor out Have you tried it ?

felis

Post by felis » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:42 pm

I think I mentioned this before, but it can't hurt to repeat it.

I downloaded the new OS/editor yesterday. Windows 10 pc - when I hooked up the Minitaur,
Win 10 said it was installing a driver for it. Before loading the editor, I also installed the
driver from Moog.

I got the disconnected message. I uninstalled the Moog driver and now it works fine.
I think it might have been something with two conflicting drivers, but I don't know much
at all about this stuff.

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:30 pm

Sure, when Moog release these firm- and software, they should work.

I think maybe Moog should spend less time on detailed editors, and more time on hardware. After all, it is the hardware that is the main product. Demanding it to be working as a fully functional VST is too much, I think. It is a physical instrument to be played. If you want to be able to replicate a particular pass for later use, one can just record the pass in the first place. And that is that.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.

papawise

Post by papawise » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47 am

Kirneh Ness wrote:Sure, when Moog release these firm- and software, they should work.
It should, but it doesn't.
Kirneh Ness wrote:I think maybe Moog should spend less time on detailed editors, and more time on hardware...
well, that's just your opinion.
If you announce and offer a feature to sell a product, it must work, otherwise don't offer it.
This problem has YEARS without being really solved, and it's just a driver/vst, what should the Ableton crew say that are coding a full DAW with dozens of features and plugins and everything is solved in time.
And lastly, the minitaur has hiden features only available thru the VST editor, so it's not possible to use it only like hardware if you don't have access to those features.

SlowLFOtoPitch

Post by SlowLFOtoPitch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 pm

I would suggest deleting any previous MIDI drivers and reinstalling 4.35.0 for your machine. I have not heard of connectivity issues with the standalone editor, but some people occasionally have issues using the VST with their DAW. I like to think of the VST exclusively as an editor/librarian, and using Ableton's MIDI tracks much more for sequencing and automating the machine. I don't hear of connectivity issues from people using the Minitaur in this way.

If you are still having connectivity issues after reinstalling the correct MIDI driver, please contact us:

Adam Pryor
[email protected]‬‬
(828) 251-0090 Ext. 246

Harrison Street
[email protected]‬‬
Ext. 221

Noah Jolly
[email protected]‬‬
Ext. 204

Thank you,

Taylor Mott
Service Manager
[email protected]‬‬
Ext. 217
TAYLOR MOTT
SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER
MOOG MUSIC INC.

P: (828) 251.0090 ext. (217)
Fax: (828) 254.6233

papawise

Post by papawise » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:51 pm

I contacted you at support@moogmusic 7 days ago and I still didn't receive any answer. (as edenchas audio)

I deleted the drivers at least a dozen of times and reinstalled the generic windows driver and the 4.35.0 and previous versions as well.
I've tried to downgrade and upgrade different firmware versions, and the problem is with the vst in the DAW that is the way that I pretend to use it.

Can someone from Moog assist me please???

papawise

Post by papawise » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:45 am

I spent all night reinstalling all my system, migrated to Windows 10 Pro, I have everything working as intended now and like it must be, with MIDI only thru USB.

Because I'm not a moron, I came back to update, because I really complained the editors, and the "disconnected" issue, but I also must say that I never got support from Moog by email nor in this forum. The thing just doesn't work in Windows 7 if you have a modern PC.

Anyways, everything working now on Windows 10 Pro + Ableton Live 10 (USB driver 4.35.0 + Firmware 2.2.1 + Editor 3.2.0)

Best.