Preset always has a different sound when selected.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
icumdrums

Preset always has a different sound when selected.

Post by icumdrums » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:59 am

Hi everyone,

New Minitaur owner here. To get all the specs out of the way, I am running a standard piezo trigger from my drum set to a Roland TM-2 then midi out to the Minitaur. I have 2 user presets made so far and every time I switch between them or go to a factory preset, then go back to a user preset the sound is different. I’m really looking for this to be consistent every time, for live shows. Some knobs may be turned when I switch presets but shouldn’t the preset revert back to its original sound when selected? Also, when I switch presets I have to tweak the decay/release knob in order to get sound out of it, would like to avoid doing that every time as well. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Thanks for your help in advance.

Quatschmacher

Re: Preset always has a different sound when selected.

Post by Quatschmacher » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 am

Are you selecting your presets via the editor or via the hard buttons? I wondering if you are occasionally jumping to the “panel settings” preset (preset 00) which reflects the actual knob positions.

I had a similar issue with parameters randomly changing. Adam Pryor from Moog tech support suggested it may be due to the ribbon cable not being correctly seated and advised opening up the unit and making sure it’s fully plugged in.

In any case, it seems quicker to email one of the techs directly to get some help.

Minotaur

Post by Minotaur » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 am

If the global “KNOB MODE” is set to “SNAP” The knobs can be made to snap to the panel setting by vibration through the equipment slightly moving the knobs. Quite easy to do with low thundering bass!

jupiter

Post by jupiter » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Are you using latest 2.2.1 firmware ?