Lose patch when Minitaur receives MIDI from Ableton

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
needlz

Lose patch when Minitaur receives MIDI from Ableton

Post by needlz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 am

I received my Minitaur yesterday and started getting it set up in my environment today. Everything appears to be working great. The editor pushes the patches to the unit just fine and I can get it to play nicely with Abelton (I send MIDI notes to it and get audio back). The issue is when I use the editor to load a patch, either via the standalone or the VST, the patch gets reset to some sort of default setting as soon as it starts to receive MIDI notes from Ableton's MIDI player. It doesn't happen when I play in real time through a keyboard controller, rather when Ableton sends the notes. It's bizarre. I can click on the patch in the patch manager while it's playing and it loads, but every time I restart the song, I lose the patch.

Any ideas on what is happening / what I might be doing wrong?

thanks!

-erik

schlam

Re: Lose patch when Minitaur receives MIDI from Ableton

Post by schlam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:39 am

Hello,

I don't use the Minitaur at all with DAW, but check with MidiOx or a similar software what is "entering" in the Minitaur when notes are sent by Live..
..Maybe a ProgramChange is sent by a way or an other by Live making the Minitaur going to a preset number. Is it allways the same "patch" which is loaded when you use Live ?

Just few ideas,
I hope it could help.

Have a nice day !

Julien