Controlling the Minitaur with a MIDI Footswitch

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Crazyfist

Controlling the Minitaur with a MIDI Footswitch

Post by Crazyfist » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, I'd like to have a go at controlling the Minitaur with a MIDI footswitch to change presets (something like a MIDI Mouse or a Soleman).

I use a MIDI keyboard controller into the MIDI IN, but since the Minitaur only has a single MIDI IN I was wondering how to get around this? Could I use a MIDI merger to send signals from both the controller and the footswitch, or would that not work?

I don't use the USB at all, is it possible to plug in a controller via USB to the Minitaur? That would instantly solve the problem.

Cheers

schlam

Re: Controlling the Minitaur with a MIDI Footswitch

Post by schlam » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:41 am

Hello,

Both solutions are working, you can use a merger in the DIN or use USB.
I am using a footswitch too and a controller and both are routed to the USB in.

Have a nice day

Julien

kn_s

Post by kn_s » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:32 am

when you are talking midi foot switch are you talking about the full midi foot switch pedalboard or a separate specific device? reason i ask as an outside of philly based "musician"... i have seen that our wxpn 88.5fm late saturday night/early sunday morning eletronic music host, chuck van zyl, used a behringer midi foot controller for things ..in the pic it was not clear what it was hooked to specifically and i've been meaning to contact him about his setup but i haven't yet. regardless, i have been thinking about getting one of these, behringer in particular because i am not using it every day, for cost reasons as well as use. again this is where my "midi" gets cloudy. but it seems like a good option. currently using korg sq-1 thru quadra thru to run lp, microkorg, miniotaur, mom32

+/-
LP solar, minitaur, m32, werkstatt, 101/102/103/104m/105m/107/108m,cp-251,mf delay v1&2+drivev2, microkorg, monologue, volcas, monotribe & trons, sq-1, too many pedals!, guitars, '07 imac (10.11.6), simmons sds7, & now eurocrack, etc...

schlam

Post by schlam » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Hello;

The midi foot switch I'm talking about is a DIY box with just buttons sending Programchange messages.
It's plug by midi DIN in an USB Midisport 2x2 (my controller is plugged on it too).
Then in my computer everything is routed in the USB midi in of the minitaur and it's working like a charm...