A simple DAW for Minitaur?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
jamesmod

A simple DAW for Minitaur?

Post by jamesmod » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:52 pm

I just purchased the Minitaur a few days ago, and have been controlling it via midi from the synth. However, I really need to control it with some kind of DAW to fit the purpose I bought it for.
It’s almost 20 years since I used Cubase, which was already old at that time, so I’m really lost after days on the internets as to which one I should use to control the Minitaur. They all have way too much in sound samples or virtual synths, or will only control soft synths.

In a nut shell, I don’t want or need sound samples or virtual instruments.
I just want a computer based sequencer for the Minitaur.
Any ability to record tweaks in realtime is a bonus, but not essential.

Any suggestions???
Pew.........pew pew..... pew pew pew...!

umbrella

Re: A simple DAW for Minitaur?

Post by umbrella » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:15 am

Depends little bit how do you want to sequence it - patterns? or just long piano roll? etc... For linear recording/replaying you could use a free version of Presonus Studio One. If you prefer more sequencer-style workflow, than Numerology is nice (works only on Mac I think). Another quite different approach would be to use NI Reaktor and its sequencer patch modules.
Minitaur / MF Delay / MF Trem / CP-251 / Mac Mini / OS X 10.11.6

jamesmod

Post by jamesmod » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks very much.
I’m going with the Numerology SE.
Does exactly what I need without a fuss.
Pew.........pew pew..... pew pew pew...!

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:41 pm

I have used Tracktion since 06, and it fit my purposes. Demo free and good. Full version is cheap and very, very good.

It may look a bit dated, but I like the clarity and no-nonsense of the basic functionality.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.