Recording with the Minitaur!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Quistenstein

Recording with the Minitaur!

Post by Quistenstein » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi!
I have a slight recording issue with my Minitaur!
When I'm playing the Minitaur with my band through the mixer (high,mid and low at 12'o'clock) and PA - the sound from the speakers just sound right and authentic!
...But when I send the same signal from the mintaurs audio out, straight to the back of my Presonus studio192 soundcard - the sound I get is very thin and rasping (through a good pair of headphones).
What's the problem here?

Does it get better if you put like a DI-box between the minitaur's audio out and the line input on my soundcard,
or is the USB midi the only "right" way to record?
The weird thing is when I play back the recorded sound throughout the speakers again - it's quite nice again!

How are you recording to get the best results from your minitaur?

Chimponaut

Re: Recording with the Minitaur!

Post by Chimponaut » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:02 pm

You say the recorded sound on playback is as it should be. "quite nice" That points to a monitoring/hardware problem with your interface or something else in the chain while you are recording.

My Chain:
Minitaur 1/4" output > Audient ASP/880 DI input > RME Raydat (via Optical) > Nuendo.
HW: Sub 37 <> Model D (original) <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 Module
<> Prophet Rev2 8V <> Prologue 16 <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Triton Le <> Audient ASP-880
<> RME Raydat

SW: Nuendo

Quistenstein

Re: Recording with the Minitaur!

Post by Quistenstein » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Ok!
What I mean by "quite nice" is when I get the signal out from the DAW to the mixer and PA it sounds more like it should have done from the start.
It's just like Cubase can't reproduce the sound out to headphones like it should :P

Are you using a TS or TRS cable in your chain? Maybe that would do the trick?