Help! Note freezes when using editor..

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
neoking

Help! Note freezes when using editor..

Post by neoking » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi,

I just bought a second hand Minitaur and I love the sound of it! However, sometimes when I use Minitaur in Cubase the note keeps on freezing. I have to go to presetmanager in the editor and it stops, but its really annoying for my workflow. Also I read about this and more users experience this, but I didnt found an answer..Does anyone know a solution? (Note: I updated to the latest firmware.) Tnx!

neoking

Re: Help! Note freezes when using editor..

Post by neoking » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Literally No One here who has any idea after years on how to solve this?? I encoutered this problem several times with topics dating back to several years but without solution....next to that I have this shitproblem of notes not playing the right MIDI. I spend hours trying to solve this with fkn firmware updates, midi-usb software that works like total garbage too with the Moog usb-mididriver failing to install everytimeI mean Im sorry to say this, I absolutely LOVE the Moogsound, but its totally useless to me as I cant even get it to work properly playing a single bassline because I get all these shiterrors...

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:24 pm

This is a usual problem with any MIDI device. Is this your first external synth?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

papawise

Post by papawise » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:03 pm

bichuelo wrote:This is a usual problem with any MIDI device. Is this your first external synth?
I don't find that must be usual with ANY device. The minitaur specially has all these issues together.
It's time for Moog to finally do a good and final update for this little synth.
Moog Sub 37, Moog Minitaur V2, Moog Voyager RME, Eowave Magma, Eowave Domino, Dave Smith Mopho X4, Cyclone 303 Bassbot, MFB Tanzbar, Roland SH-101

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 pm

It is, I've been working with MIDI devices for more than 20 years and I've had this problem in all kinds of scenarios, with gear from several different brands
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

neoking

Post by neoking » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:14 pm

bichuelo wrote:This is a usual problem with any MIDI device. Is this your first external synth?
No, this isnt. I have both Prophet 08 and Virus TI Snow and never had as much problems with them as the Minitaur. Its really frustrating because Ive spend hours trying different firmware updates that I found here and at Gearslutz and for some reason each firmwareupdate has different (but still bad) results. Best for me seems to be 2.1.20, which seems to solve all my problems expect the notefreeze, which just seems impossible to solve for some strange reason :cry: