controlling other hardware with the minitaur

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
retrostate

controlling other hardware with the minitaur

Post by retrostate » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 pm

I was wondering if it's possible to control my old korg dw6000 using the minitaur via the the software editor by uploading sysex files for the dw6000 to the syses librarian. And if so, where would I get the sysex files, and how would I go about uploading them? Thanks

till

Re: controlling other hardware with the minitaur

Post by till » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Why sysex files?!?
The controller numbers sent by the Minitaur knobs is what you need here. But I am not sure if the Korg DW6000 is able to make use of them at all. And if this works, the filter knobs of the Minitaur will for sure not change the DW6000 filter. So this does not make much sense at all.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

umbrella

Re: controlling other hardware with the minitaur

Post by umbrella » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:07 pm

If you just want to be able to upload patches in sysex format to your Korg, you don't need Minitaur for that. I suppose you can use software like Snoize SysEx Librarian (on Mac) to upload the files. If you want to edit the sound parameters on Korg (like OSC1 level, etc) using knobs on Minitaur you will need Bome Midi Translator Pro to convert MIDI CC from Minitaur to Sysex messages that Korg will recognise.
Minitaur / MF Delay / MF Trem / CP-251 / Mac Mini / OS X 10.11.6