no audio.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
lipsmack

no audio.

Post by lipsmack » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:42 am

I had sound and then decided to do the firmware update. Thinking now that I should have just left well enough alone. I followed the instructions to do the erase. No problem. I know the "erase" worked but I'm not so sure that installing the firmware did. Looks like the Minitaur is getting midi, but I have no audio at all!! (except for a mild electronic hiss). When I unplug the power cable I get a synthetic sound.. but nothing when I use my midi keyboard. The synth doesn't show up when i try to access it through Ableton. I've tried just skipping all of the computer stuff and going directly into an amplifier using my midi keyboard. Again, nothing. So frustrated. I got the synth used from a friend and before I tried to update the firmware, all was cool. I opened it up and made sure that the ribbon was secure, and it is. I'm a bit of a noob with all of this! So excited to have a MOOG, and so disappointed that I can't make it work. Please, knowledgeable and patient Minitaur users, HELP!! Thanks in advance.

bichuelo

Re: no audio.

Post by bichuelo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Have you tried sending CC#7 with a 127 value?

It sometimes resets itself. I also make a complete calibration each time I update the firmware

hope it helps
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

charbot

Re: no audio.

Post by charbot » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:58 pm

Are you sure you loaded the second part of the FW? Sometimes after sending the "erase" sysex, it can take up to 30-40 seconds for the synth to reboot and get recognized by your sysex tool (sysex librarian, c6) . If you hit 'send' before the minitar reconnected, it did not receive the new FW. Try it again. lights should be blinking on the minitaur (iforget which ones) when it is upload properly