HELP!!! Moog Minitaur cant update firmware.

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Colesim

HELP!!! Moog Minitaur cant update firmware.

Post by Colesim » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:19 am

Hi i just bought a second hand Minitaur of Ebay and im having problems updating the firmware.
i followed connect via usb hold down vco 1 & vco 2 then press release i have also installed the sysex librarian.
i am running apple osx yosemite.
if someone can help it would be highly appreciated.
cole.

till

Re: HELP!!! Moog Minitaur cant update firmware.

Post by till » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:36 pm

Connect the Minitaur USB directly to an USB port on the housing of your Mac. Don't use an USB hub or USB port on a third party QWERTY keyboard of your Mac. Some USB hubs are doing bad things to USB data streams.

But anyway, where does it go wrong?
No USB connection? The Minitaur not going to blink?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Hypnopompic

Post by Hypnopompic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:23 pm

I am having the same issue with the Minitaur. Firmware was installed following the instructions, The VST only shows "disconnected". I can actually control the Minitaur with the VST, the buttons click on and off as i make adjustment in the vst window, no sound is being pushed out. Anytime i try and adjust the midi input and output in the VST it crashes.

Running Mac 10.7.5
Ableton 9.2.3
Novation 61SL MKII midi keyboard
Focusrite saffire PRO 14 interface
I have usb midi, regular midi cable, and 1/4 " cable

Should i be able to use the minitaur without the VST? After running midi multiple ways and making sure audio devices are active in ableton preferences i am still unable to get a sound to push out of the unit. The moog installation video for this, the guy just plugs in and has the unit working in like 3-4 steps. WTF.

Hypnopompic

Post by Hypnopompic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:41 pm

I got my minitaur at least now putting out sound and working, I opened up the editor (Vst) and selected a random preset. Now the minitaur is putting out sound but the firmware still shows disconnected and the presets send/receive show the hardware is still disconnected. I can write some bass patches at least, but i wont be able to save any presets at this point. I guess i can screenshot the patches i make and log it that way.... This is a new unit so i do not have any old firmware to reinstall.

Silverfaux

Post by Silverfaux » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:04 pm

I am also having this issue. My Minitaur wont go into update mode when I push vco1/vco2/release sequence. I am only getting 4 lit buttons. It seems the unit is stuck in that state. I cant usb or standard midi connect to it. :( help please?
Slayin' 'em with bottom end since 1979 8)

Colesim

Post by Colesim » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:59 am

till wrote:Connect the Minitaur USB directly to an USB port on the housing of your Mac. Don't use an USB hub or USB port on a third party QWERTY keyboard of your Mac. Some USB hubs are doing bad things to USB data streams.

But anyway, where does it go wrong?
No USB connection? The Minitaur not going to blink?
Yes i put it directly to a dedicated usb port directly into the back of my imac ..im not sure if it has something to do with the usb communicating with the minitaur ... whatever it is the minitaur dont want to respond to the update command ... i can run it through the audio output same way i use my slim phatty ...but i would have to use the vst to sync vcos ect ect. shame as the minitaur sounds filthy and rich,

LetsFly

Post by LetsFly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:20 am

I am having the same issue.

In Ableton Minitaur shows up and i can use it normally. The Minitaur Editor However shows "Disconnected" state all the time no mater what i do.

I tried a firmware update but in the dropdown menu of Sysex the Minitaur does not show up as a choice. I then connected it via Midi cable to my soundcard. I managed to "play" the
Firmware update but now it`s stuck with slowly blinking GLIDE light and the Midi light also blinks very slowly.
Now i can`t even use it and when i turn it off and on again nothing changes. GLIDE still blinking and no sound.

Very weird stuff. Is there a solution out there? Anyone?

dirx808

Post by dirx808 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:32 am

For some reason the Minitaur only shows up as "In" in SysEx Lib's dropdown list. Selecting this, I was able to successfully update the firmware following the steps in the TXT file.

To actually get the editor to connect to the Minitaur you have to select it from the MIDI I/O dropdowns under the Setup tab in the Minitaur editor. I don't think this sticks, so you might have to do it each time you add the plug-in. I got mine up and running just fine late last night after struggling with the same issues. If I recall, I had similar problems with the Sub37 Editor as well...

Good Luck!
New Moogs: Sub 37, Minitaur - Ableton Live 9, Cubase 9, WaveLab 9 - Duet, UAD Apollo Twin + Octo - MacBook Air (10.11.6), Mac mini x2 (10.12.3) - MiniFooger Delay (x2), Drive and Chorus -- Legacy: Prodigy (Rev. 1), Juno-60, DX7 (Rev. 1 + Grey Matter E!)