Minitaur Editor Windows 7 x64

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Sulli12

Minitaur Editor Windows 7 x64

Post by Sulli12 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 am

I cannot get the Minitaur editor to work as a vst in cubase 8.5 on a windows 7 x64 machine. Have tried most of the driver and firmware combinations but had to roll the driver back to the windows default to keep basic midi working with the minitaur. Adam from Moog tried to help but it seems like a windows/moog issue now. The synth sounds great but I'm on the verge of returning it if I can't get the editor to work. Help!

John
Cubase 8.5 pro, Windows 7 pro 64bit, Moog Minitaur, 8GB RAM, Focusrite 8i8, M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland GI-20

MC

Re: Minitaur Editor Windows 7 x64

Post by MC » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:56 am

The editor has always worked fine on the Mac platform.

There have been many many complaints from Windows users.

The problem isn't Moog, the problem is Microsoft. I gave up on their POS operating system when Vista was rolled out.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

lesliedugger

Post by lesliedugger » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:41 pm

I have Windows 10 and The problem seems to be with the Driver. After installing the USB driver provided by Moog, there is a USB error and it is not recognized via USB in the editor or in a DAW. There is a simple fix involving switching from Moog's driver to a generic USB composite driver.

to get the USB functions to work in Windows, I had to do the following.

1) install Moog Minitaur driver.
2) open device manager.
3) open properties for Moog minitaur (should have a yellow exclamation point)
4) select driver tab, select update driver
5) select browse my computer, select let me pick
6) select USB composite Device. click next... DONE!
Moog: Minitaur
Controllers: APC40 MKii, Maschine, Beatstep
Drum Machines: Tanzbar
Other: RS7000
Computer: PC
DAW: Ableton

Kirneh Ness

Post by Kirneh Ness » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:22 am

Sulli12 wrote:I cannot get the Minitaur editor to work as a vst in cubase 8.5 on a windows 7 x64 machine. Have tried most of the driver and firmware combinations but had to roll the driver back to the windows default to keep basic midi working with the minitaur. Adam from Moog tried to help but it seems like a windows/moog issue now. The synth sounds great but I'm on the verge of returning it if I can't get the editor to work. Help!

John
Don't return it if the Minitaur works. It is a lovely instrument. I never use the editor, but just record and play with it. That is what it was built for, and I think you will miss it later if you let Windows problems decide for you.
Guitars. Moog Grandmother, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Minitaur, Slim Phatty, Moogerfoogers 101, 102, 103, 104M, 107, 108M and CP-251. Yamaha CS-15. Roland JUNO 106. DSI Tetr4. Arturia Beatstep Pro. Korg ARP Odyssey Module Rev1. Dreadbox NYX 2.