Minitaur help

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Lenars

Minitaur help

Post by Lenars » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in need of a little help.

I recently bought my Minitaur, but I am unable to use it with the rest of my setup.
I currently have a friend's Novation SL MkII and my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface with monitors running with Ableton, and I have tried:

Minitaur audio out > Scarlett audio in (1/4 > XLR)
Minitaur midi in > SL MkII midi 2 out (Midi cable), The SL MkII is plugged into my pc via usb.
This is how I tried setting them up in Ableton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSVseNpDUU
Unfortunately it didn't work, as there is no sound coming out from the speakers, however it does give off sound when headphones are plugged in.
You can probably tell that I'm a newbie to synthesizers, the Minitaur being my first one and I would be very thankful if someone could help me out :)

Thanks in advance!

Novem808

Re: Minitaur help

Post by Novem808 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:13 am

If you're getting the Minitaur audio out of the headphone jack, You might want to use a 1/4 to 1/4 audio cable from Minitaur out into focusrite in, some people had issues with the ribbon cable inside the Minitaur getting loose..but I think it's the xlr cable in your case. I use 1/4 to 1/4 cables on all my synths and never have problems.

N.