T3 MIDI "challenges" and Merge bug?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
AStoker

T3 MIDI "challenges" and Merge bug?

Post by AStoker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:39 pm

I must admit that while using MIDI for years, I'm still a novice. I have used the T3 for years as a driver to a JV-1080 and now an XV-5080 without any problems, but as I have added more components and worked towards a more cohesive setup I've run into a key challenge. As a dedicated slave, I simply matched the performance patches to my T3 selection. With my expanded setup I am now using a Roland FC-300 to control the entire setup and I turned on the "merge" IN->OUT so that control messages would flow to my XV-5080. After some extensive manual reading and hair pulling, I started debugging the whole setup one bride at a time with my computer and MIDI-OX. What I found was a bit of a shock, the Merge function was converting everything to the same out channel.

I am not sure if it's fair to compare "Merge" with "Thru", but I can't imagine any reason to consider that acceptable. The channel is intended to designate the appropriate recipient of that message. The T3 changing the channel en-route is like trying to call your girlfriend and having the phone company instead ring your wife (... sorry, a little humor there). The ONLY way to still use the T3 to drive the XV is to now turn merge off just to be sure it doesn't send a rogue message to the XV.

Interestingly as I have been setting up my performance and using MIDI more aggressively I also found that turning the octave switch off on the T3 through MIDI worked fine, except that it doesn't change the light status (stays on) so it looks like I am still in the upper octave when I'm not. Hitting the switch on the T3 does however switch properly and take me to the next octave and keeps the light on.

Just wondering how many more of these things I will find - I'm guessing with production over and the TaurusBass site death I can't expect any more patches ... perhaps Moog could open source the controller code so someone else could fix it?
Prophet 12 / Source / Taurus 3 / RS-5 / Integra 7 / XV-5080

bichuelo

Re: T3 MIDI "challenges" and Merge bug?

Post by bichuelo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:22 pm

I understand this is a problem in version 2.0.3 and it is fixed on 2.0.4...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

AStoker

Post by AStoker » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:57 am

bichuelo wrote:I understand this is a problem in version 2.0.3 and it is fixed on 2.0.4...
The latest available version on the Moog site is 2.0.2 ... if there are newer versions, can you direct me to them?
Prophet 12 / Source / Taurus 3 / RS-5 / Integra 7 / XV-5080

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Have a look in this thread:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 4&start=60

sunny pedaal's post has a quote from Amos with links to 2.0.4. The first page has a link to 2.0.3.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony