Still searching for my stolen customized Taurus Pedals!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
mmelnick

Still searching for my stolen customized Taurus Pedals!

Post by mmelnick » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Years and years ago, 1982/1983, I bought a new set of Taurus Pedals from the store I worked at, Alex Music on 48th St. I dreamed up an idea to have the 2 internal oscillators on last preset tune to preselected harmonies. Alex dealt with Triple S Electronics a lot for synth repairs so I called them up and asked if they'd be able to create something for me. The answer was yes and they came and got them for me. They cleverly designed an external box with 4 arcade-like switches, each with a potentiometer so I could preset different harmonies between the 2 oscillators and select between them. The box was grey metal and plugged into the pedals via a small 5 pin DIN cable mounted on the back of the pedals, to the left of the inset panel. It ruled. I had a black Calzone case made to hold the pedals with straps to secure the external box inside the top lid.

Well, one night my band was robbed at gunpoint at our studio in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn by dudes with ski masks. Not a fun night. I had my custom Charvel Bass stolen, Sunn Coliseum amps, Sunn cabinets, some guitar stuff and...my Taurus pedals. Totally sucked.
The cops came up with nothing. None of the stuff was ever found. Damnit, my pedals are still out there somewhere! In someone's possession? in a basement? trashed..who knows? I doubt anyone had a clue as to how badass that setup was.

Sadly, I dont have any pictures of the modification. At the time, it never ever occurred to me to take pictures of the pedals or the mod. I have one solitary polaroid of the pedals. Don't have the serial number. The pedals of course, are one of a kind, easily identified by the external grey box, the small silver DIN connector on the back and the custom case. I keep thinking about them, and wish somehow I could locate them and get them back. I'd pay a reward, whatever.

I'm just really venting about it, and since I found this forum, figured i'd relate the tale and see if anyone has ever seen them or had any ideas on their recovery. Maybe years later, i'll get lucky.
Thanks.